Menu
rjgw
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 3 Firmware in Modem Mode

Hello 

Recently had RFoG based Vivid 350 installed and for the most part it’s been excellent. I understand SH3 may be affecting my Ping...

SH3 is in Modem Modem Mode running 9.1.116. Obviously I’d like to receive 603/608.

Does the SH3 still receive Updates in Modem Mode? Or should I have it in Router Mode to receive the update? Is there any way to trigger or force the update?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 3 Firmware in Modem Mode

Hi rjgw,

The new f/w should update with both modem and router mode enabled - the update is delivered to the MAC address.

A reboot can trigger the f/w update if it's not forthcoming, but only if it has been rolled out to your area. I should add that, when testing your connection, I noticed low upstream power levels. These are as a result of some errors on the network segment which I've flagged to Networks.

I'll let you know as soon as have a fault reference to provide.

Regards,

Jen
Forum Team

RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Once you think the FW has been updated.

Run a Puma 6 Test, to see if your latency is better. Just do a Puma 6 Test search on a well known search engine. 

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 350Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi rjgw,

The fault reference is F006477947, noted on your account. Let me know if you'd like an update and I'll take a look Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

Highlighted
rjgw
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hah, first time I’ve been pleased and impressed to be told I have a fault! Most of the issues I’ve had have been down to my router (R7000) and my wireless, so I haven’t noticed any issues that I didn’t put down to that. Wired I get get excellent throughput (36MB/s). I just like to have the latest updates Smiley Happy

Thanks for checking though! And thanks for logging a fault too Smiley Very Happy

Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Smiley Happy No worries, happy to be of help. I'll check for an update tomorrow. But noise will usually result in performance issues so I too am glad you're not able to blame your poor router this time hehe.

Jen
Forum Team

mavericke2018
Superfast
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Jen_A,

Can you please tell me what is the latest firmware for the Hub 3.0? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Static
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Mavericke2018

The latest version (currently in being rolled out as we speak) is .608

0 Kudos
rig135
Settling in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi i have just joined the forum,.. was wondering how i can check if my SH3 has the latest firmware installed.. currently the router has to be rebooted every morning its a right pain.. any info would be great.. thanks

si

0 Kudos
DaveM
Problem sorter
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@rig135 Open the hub GUI http://192.168.0.1 In modem mode http://192.168.100.1

Don't log in, just click the Router Status button or the text that says Router Status.

All the information you need should be there.

Dave

"The late great Douglas Adams: A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
0 Kudos