cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superhub 2ac upgrade

AZ999
Tuning in

Hi I have been trying to get a hub 3 for free but every time I open up the link it always says oops. I'm pretty sure I am applicable for the hub 3 as I have a superhub 2ac. I have contacted the Virgin media team via live chat but they said I have to pay £35 for installation fee. Does anyone know how to get it for free with just delivery charges. Any solutions???

20 REPLIES 20

No Intel Puma 6 issues with the SH2ac either.

SH2 modem mode | AC86U router | AC68U node

Yes i did end up getting one for free with no charge included.

Ok thanks for that good info ..

Hi we have the superhub 2 and feel that we are missing out having the old hub we regularly have to restart the router and the WiFi signal is really poor at the back of the house we would like to find out how we go about getting the newer router or maybe a new router and WiFi extenders before we look at joining a totally different provider. Thanks very much

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Be careful what you wish for. Many would say that the Hub3/4 is no better - indeed often worse than the SH2. I rejected a free upgrade a few years ago and my SH2 works perfectly well in modem mode with my own better quality equipment than that supplied in any ISP hub.

The only guaranteed way to get a Hub3/4 ATM (they are in short supply!) is to upgrade to the 350 (or greater) mbps package - which "requires" at least the Hub3. Whether that fixes any of your issues is another question altogether.  If you can convince them that the SH2ac is "broken" they are sending out refurbished SH2ac's to those customers as replacements just now as well.

Far better to get your own better quality equipment that will sort it and that you can use with the different provider too.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Matpas123,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums.

In cases such as the OPs, we generally do notify customers who are eligible for any upgrades, and this should be visible in the 'Offers' section of your My VM Account.

If this isn't available, then I'm afraid we are unable to carry out a simple swap via forums, however, I appreciate that you are experiencing issues with your current hub so would like to offer to carry out some checks and go from there to either get this fixed or the equipment replaced?

I'll send you a private message just to get some info from you, so please look out for the purple envelope at the top of the page.

Kind regards, 

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Matpas123,

Thanks a lot for getting back to me via private message.

I have run some checks on your equipment and currently, your downstream levels are out of spec and is indicating a fault.

This is something which I will be able to book an engineer visit for, who will look at either fixing the current hub or swapping it out if deemed necessary - there is no guarantee that it will be swapped with a hub 3 though.

As highlighted by John, the only guaranteed way to switch would be to speak with an agent about an upgrade.

The same goes for our wireless pods - should you continue to experience WiFi issues then an agent would be able to look at adding these to your package, or - like many other customers do - it may be a good option to shop around for some reasonable 3rd Party Extenders.

If you would like me to go ahead and book a visit to check over your current equipment, please confirm your full home address with me via private message and we can go from there.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi John thanks for the reply 😁 what equipment would you suggest? Many thanks mathew

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Matpas123,

I've booked a visit for you which you can view / change via your online My VM Account.

Please keep us posted on how this goes and let us know if you need any further advice following this - we'd be happy to assist.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Matpas123 wrote:

Hi John thanks for the reply 😁 what equipment would you suggest? Many thanks mathew

Bit like asking "what car should i get?" 😎  Get theTech visit first and see if that visit sorts it.  If not check back here

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.