Menu
MCS1
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 2ac ethernet ports not working

Hello, hope someone can help me. I have 200mb VM broadband and over the last few days two ethernet ports have stopped working on my superhub 2ac. The first ethernet port stopped working three days ago and just today a second port stopped working. The first port was connected to a NAS and I moved that to another port in the hub which was connected to a printer. However, today the ethernet port connecting to my main pc stopped and have moved to the port which had a powerline patch cable connected. I use cat 6 cables and have tried several spare cables on both ports without any joy. I now cannot use my printer or a powerline connection which were working fine last week. I have tried resetting the hub many times without any joy. I have noticed in trying to get the ethernet ports to work that the hub is getting quite hot at the back near the ports which I have not noticed before, although it has been working fine for a few years. Is there anything I can do to get these ethernet ports to work?
Any help to resolve this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 2ac ethernet ports not working

Hey Mark,

Welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Great to see new members!

I'm sorry to hear about your Superhub, from what you've described, it sounds like a faulty unit. I'd be more than happy to send you a replacement.

Let's confirm your address via PM (purple envelope, top right) and get a new Superhub ordered.

Speak with you very soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
zamm1729
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I may have the same problem.

Hub serial 3##################6 has been working since March 2015, and wireless is apparently still working normally.
Ethernet ports are used by TV etc, not normally a PC; and this was fine until recently, last successful use I can remember about a fortnight ago.
Today smart TV functions are not available and my laptop, normally used wireless, reports on an otherwise unused port "cable disconnected". The hub is not in modem mode.
I noticed there was no light on the Ethernet socket before power cycling, nor after; but lights flashed on all four sockets during the restart.

Please, is there anything else I should try?

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Stewart_00
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same issue as above.

I was originally using my superhub in modem mode with the hub connected to my own router because the hub was not recognising my powerline plug.

A few months ago my hub stopped working. After trying a new plug it was working again but the ports on the back now don't respond to anything connected to them. I've been using wifi via mobile phone tether since.

I did try contacting virginmedia via phone however was told on the line that my router was working and sadly I was too hasty to hang up the phone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated because the queue time for a call is up to an hour. 

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Wise owl
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Stewart_00 wrote:

I'm having the same issue as above.

I was originally using my superhub in modem mode with the hub connected to my own router because the hub was not recognising my powerline plug.

A few months ago my hub stopped working. After trying a new plug it was working again but the ports on the back now don't respond to anything connected to them.

I did try contacting virginmedia via phone however was told on the line that my router was working and sadly I was too hasty to hang up the phone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated because the queue time for a call is up to an hour. 

It sounds like your hub is still in Modem Mode then.  As far as I recall, in Modem Mode only the ethernet port nearest to the cable socket works to connect your hub to a third party router.  All the other ports are automatically disabled.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Stewart_00
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've tried both router and modem mode. Reset the hub multiple times.

Being stuck in modem mode through hard resets could be a thing but then I would be able to get Internet connection through my own router.

My network was working perfectly before the ports on the back failed.

0 Kudos
zamm1729
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I had no reply on the forum and after a few days I just called VM help. I had to do the ritual power cycling dance, but my story was very similar to yours. They decided I needed a new hub, which came very quickly (Home Hub 3) and has been fine since then. Don't remember how long I had to wait on the phone, but otherwise the service was very good. Good luck :-)
0 Kudos
Stewart_00
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The long call wait and power cycling dance is something I'd like to avoid.

0 Kudos
Stewart_00
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have the original Netgear CG3101D superhub if that helps.

er_photo_141727.jpg

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello Stewart_00, 

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

Interesting that your Superhub appears to be stuck in Modem Mode! Drop me a PM confirming your name and address and we'll get it replaced. 

Speak soon, 

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos