Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 20 (22,941 Views)

Superhub 2 with TP-Link TL-WPA4220

Hello

I've got the Superhub 2 connected to the front of my house, so i've bought a pair of TL-WPA4220 homeplugs to boost the wireless signal to the back of the house. Problem is i can't see to connect, i follow the instructions:

1. Press the WPS button on the router for 2 seconds.

2. Press the Wi-Fi Clone button on the extender for 2 seconds. The extender will reboot later.

The superhub 2 and the extender never clone each other so they will start broadcasting on the ssid and passcode!

Does the superhub 2 support the homeplugs? Maybe they won't work because superhub 2 broadcasts 2 ssids and maybe it miscommunicates with homeplugs? 

Please someone help me as it's getting really annoying! My uncle says they work with the sky router, so might need to change internet provider if i can't get signal to the back.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Nex
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 20 (22,932 Views)

Re: Superhub 2 with TP-Link TL-WPA4220

So you've got all 3 devices near each other during the setup phase, correct?

I.e, you have the SH2 with a Lan cable coming out, and into the smaller of the 2 homeplugs, then you have the second homeplug nearby? It won't work if you have the larger homeplug all the way on the other side of the house trying to connect the WPS if it's out of range.

So with all 3 devices next to each other (during the setup phase only), you're still having issues?

Pair the powerline adapters FIRST, and once the home icon lights up, it means they are paired.

Then, do the wireless clone. Leave it for a couple of minutes (go make a brew). Once done, move the larger of the 2 powerline to the other side of the house and see if it works.

Make sure you have WPS enabled on the SH2 too. Can't remember if it's on by default, as I checked to turn mine off (if it wasn't) right away.

Random signature here... I'll get back to this some day!
0 Kudos
Nex
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 20 (22,931 Views)

You can verify if the TP-Link is transmitting with a program called InSSIDer.

http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/

You can run this prior to moving the larger of the 2.

p.s once you've got it set up and can verify 2 devices transmitting the same SSID, you should not have to press any of the buttons to connect ever again. If you do, this will wipe its memory, and you'll essentially be starting from scratch, having to re-pair the home plugs, and then the wireless all over again. The configuration should save itself through power cuts, being unplugged etc.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20 (22,913 Views)

Hi Stern,

Has any of the good advice here been of help? Drop us a quick update if you get the chance and let us know how things are.

Cheers

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 20 (22,904 Views)

Hello

I've tried what you said, i've managed to link the 2 homeplugs together and the home light is solid. But i can't seem to link the Superhub 2 to the Homeplugs so they start broadcasting the same SSID.

How will I activate the WPS on the superhub 2? i've tried pressing the button on the front, where it flashes orange then red. But that doesn't seem to connect to the homeplugs.

Please help!

Thanks

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 20 (22,878 Views)

Can anyone help me please???? I cant do any study work or watch films as theres no connection! Getting closer to join sky now......
0 Kudos
Nex
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 20 (22,866 Views)

[ Edited ]

Please log into your superhub and go to the Wireless setup in the link below

http://192.168.0.1/wireless_settings.html

Make sure the 2.4ghz and 5ghz are ticked, if not, tick both and hit apply

Change the WPS from AUTO to WPA2-PSK[AES] on both the 2.4ghz and 5ghz.

Hit apply

Next, WPS

http://192.168.0.1/VmRgwlanWps.html

Ensure the Enable WPS checkbox is ticked.

The Enable Super Hub WPS PIN Setup does NOT need to be ticked

If you've made changes so far, click the apply button on the right, and wait a few seconds.

Make sure that the 2.4Ghz and 5ghz wireless networks are still enabled.

Add WPS client section:

click the radio button "Push button".

Click WPS Sync.

Then go to the homeplug and press the Wireless clone button for however long it says in the manual.

Next, please install inSSIDer like I said in a previous post.

Please post a screenshot of the inSSIDer graph page (feel free to scrub out the numbers after virginmedia), and upload it to imgur.com or whatever photo sharing site you use.

A typical screenshot will look like this:

EDIT: Added wireless step

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 8 of 20 (19,601 Views)

Nex it appears that SSIDer needs to be paid for now, do you have something similar that would do the same thing for free ?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 9 of 20 (19,591 Views)

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 10 of 20 (18,372 Views)

I've just found this thread and I'm having exactly the same problem.  The problem also seems to have been reported on various other forums around the web, including the TP-Link forum.  However, no one seems to know the answer.

I just can't get the TP-Link device to clone my superhub by using WPS

Any ideas?

0 Kudos