Menu
chops
Rising star
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 2 replaced

Are VM technicians told to always replace Superhub2 with the latest Superhub3 even if the fault is elsewhere ? this is inconvenient as results in customers having to change settings on all connected devices 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 2 replaced

So to summarise

You are complaining that VM sent out an engineer FOC, who tested your connection decided the HUB was likely at fault and updated it to the latest kit, again FOC

Because you had to change some settings?

0 Kudos
chops
Rising star
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No, you need to read the post properly, connection tested and decided hub was not at fault. So to summarise a lot of time and effort wasted by all when problem is in the street cabinet -a disconnected cable so nothing to do with the hub but must it be replaced as it is a SH2 and that is the SOP for technicians to now change all SH2s ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yeah I DID read the post properly.

"problem is elsewhere" could refer to speed/latency  issues which would be resolved by replacing an older Shub with a HUB3 which can lock more channels. Even if its a cable issue, fitting a HUB3 will spread the channel profile further, so its a decent move. The only scenario I can see a HUB3 being a dick move is where you have internal network cabling thats not CAT 5E/6 compliant. You dig?

0 Kudos
chops
Rising star
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Nice try to justify yourself where you stated the technician' tested the connection and decided the hub was at fault' and was your wrong assumption. A cable not connected in a cabinet does not require a SH3 fo fix it. So my question was simply to ask if SH2's are now swapped out as a matter of policy regardless of the fault scenario.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

*sigh*

Okay whilst its "not policy" as such its good practice to replace a SHUB(x) with a HUB3 as if your area is ready for it, a HUB3 will be a better option.

You DO get Ive nothing to do with VM I'm a paying customer like you, so I'm not stating anything.

av-115
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes they are told to offer to swap out older equipment wherever they come across it, this extends to older TV boxes as well. My question is why did you not decline the Hub 3 if you didn't want it?

--------------------------
TV: XL TV (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
chops
Rising star
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@av-115 wrote:

Yes they are told to offer to swap out older equipment wherever they come across it, this extends to older TV boxes as well. My question is why did you not decline the Hub 3 if you didn't want it?

I did decline it but was told customers had no option as they must be changed over to SH3 regardless of their preference. Are TiVo's also now considered as older TV boxes and being swapped as well ?

0 Kudos
av-115
Problem sorter
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@chops wrote:

@av-115 wrote:

I did decline it but was told customers had no option as they must be changed over to SH3 regardless of their preference. Are TiVo's also now considered as older TV boxes and being swapped as well ?

He shouldn't have told you that, there's no immediate need to swap SH2s. Usually the engineers will swap out TiVo boxes if you have VM broadband and an HDTV. They are replaced with a V6 by default if they are faulty.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
chops
Rising star
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@av-115 wrote:

@chops wrote:

@av-115 wrote:

He shouldn't have told you that, there's no immediate need to swap SH2s. Usually the engineers will swap out TiVo boxes if you have VM broadband and an HDTV. They are replaced with a V6 by default if they are faulty.

Thanks av-115 for answering my query.

0 Kudos