cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superhub 2 Firmware V1.01.35 wont update

Nicholas2001
Joining in

Since I got my Superhub 2ac Ive had issues with it, mainly dropping connection on various devices, and irregular download speeds, tried everything to fix it, recently I noticed my superhub is running firmware V1.01.35, from what I can gather this software version was released in 2004, tried everything to get my hub to update, even factory reset it, any help would be greatly appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

2ac won't update anymore, it's an older model 

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

When did you get it?

You write like you’ve got it recently?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

I am aware, however it never updated to begin with, surely it should still update to the most recent available firmware? Im aware there are more recent firmwares available but my hub has for some reason not updated ever.

No I've had it for a good 6 years I believe

DimwitFlathead
Joining in

Sorry to revive such an old thread.
My Superhub 2 seems to be stuck on V1.0.1.35.

I have terribly irregular ping times to the hub (192.168.0.1) with spikes going as high as 80msec and the occasional total timeouts.

We called 151 and got through. The lady suggested we try the pinhole factory reset to force the firmware update.
I just did that about 30 minutes ago, with no noticable improvements and the firmware version unchanged at V1.0.1.35.

Now I am thinking that maybe we too are on a Superhub 2ac?
Question is; how can I tell?

If it helps; the hardware version reads 3.11

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@DimwitFlathead wrote:

Sorry to revive such an old thread.
<snip>

Now I am thinking that maybe we too are on a Superhub 2ac?
Question is; how can I tell?

If it helps; the hardware version reads 3.11

HUBS.JPG

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Superhub 2.

That's why I posted it in this thread.

Pardon my ignorance, but other than Superhub 2ac, what other Superhub 2 variants are there?

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

From memory there were only the SuperHub 2 and SuperHub 2ac.  They were the last of the SuperHubs, as the next generation reverted to just Hubs.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

So how do I tell the SH2 variants apart?

I'd love to phone VM back and tell them ours doesn't update firmware because it's the "ac" variant, which no longer receives updates. But to do that, I need to make sure I do have one.