Menu
jarjartee
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

SuperHub3 portforward FAIL

So had a replacement for our failing Superhub2 this morning  - technician installed SuperHub3 very swift - all works apart from ONE crucial feature - port forwarding. 

I have a small Raspberry 3B web server that has been working fine (and still is) up until this morning at the switchover of hubs. I dialled in all the details that I used from Superhub2 to open ports 22, 80 and 443 for IP address 192.168.0.*** . This is now NOT working at all ; I have specified static IP in both web server and sHub3 + forwarded all ports correctly as I did with sHub2. Please help if you know what the issue is (all was working fine up until this morning) 😡  

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Nat_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: SuperHub3 portforward FAIL

I'm sorry to hear about this jarjartee,

I can see that you've called the team regarding this.

How have things been since posting?

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
jarjartee
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying ; NOT WORKING      Smiley Sad

as mentioned tried ANY combination of DMZ / port trigger / Port forward - can I have a NEW SuperHub2 instead of SH3 ???? At least SH2 was working on portforwarding

0 Kudos
Enigma667
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

From what I can tell with this heap of junk is you need to do the port forwarding in numerical order or it don't work so good. so 22 first then 80 and then 443. Although port 80 should be open already as its the main web port. 22 is for WOL I am guessing and 443 is remote. I have a similar setup and thats how I got it working.
0 Kudos
jarjartee
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yupp , all was working fine up until I swapped from SHub2 (faulty) to SHub3 , portforwarding is NOT rocket science 

0 Kudos
mablo5
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

From what I can see you are looking for port 22 SSH, port 80 for Web server and port 443 for Remote working/HTTPS?

On your hub i'm assuming you have forwarded from low number to high number, on your pi have you got ufw running? Believe it or not I couldn't get port 80 working without:

on pi:

sudo apt-get install ufw

sudo ufw allow 80

Also try:

sudo ufw allow 22 and sudo ufw allow 443.

Check your public IP: www.whatsmyip.org

Now from Putty or Terminal (depending on your OS) ssh to the public IP and see if you have to accept the new token.

I hope this doesn't sound too rambling or trying to teach you to suck eggs.

jarjartee
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for all responses - NOTHING has worked so far - the only thing that works is REMOTE (VNC) which means port 443 is open but 80 is still blocked by router Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
mablo5
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Any chance you can post a screen of your port forwarding page?

Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi jarjartee, 

Thanks for getting in touch, Ia m sorry to see you have been having trouble with port forwarding. 

I have taken a look and things seem to be ok on the general connection. 

It may help to double check everything here Setting Up Port Forwarding and Port Triggering on your Virgin Media Hub to make sure there are no subtle differences. 

Keep us posted. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jarjartee
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there - long time since I last replied, decided to have another go at PF on the disastrously poor 'SuperHub 3' thanks to all APART from Virgin who so far only served up polite tittle tattle. It is clear from the interface that the 'SH**THUB 3' is NOT about functionality but purely appearance as there is STILL no fox for failing portforwarding ! Plenty documentation of that on forum and inter webs. Anyways my setup looks like the pic attached and NO NOT working !! (SH2 Hub panel in comparison - WORKING)

Jarle

)Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 09.32.01.pngScreen Shot 2018-07-02 at 09.38.41.png

0 Kudos