cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SuperHub 5 - Constant Disconnections

Carlton1512
On our wavelength

I have SuperHub 5 but recently I seem to be experiencing frequent Internet dropouts/disconnections. It only lasts a short time, but is getting so frustrating with the frequency it is occurring. It can happen about 6 or more times a day.

Any suggestions at all please? 

Many thanks. 

24 REPLIES 24

Good luck with this. Took VM four months to fix the exact issue in our area...because it is an "area issue". August 2022 through December 2022. The dates to fix it were constantly changing. Within that time, they fixed it twice for it to work for a week or two before breaking again for the next rolling "due date of completion to be missed". 

I would suggest copying you log daily and saving it in Excel (Network Log, Upstream and Downstream). Also set up a BQM monitor in Thinkbroadband. You will get an idea of what is broken, although being such a "complex issue", it will still take VM months to resolve. 

I am honestly baffled as to what is so complex. It is either a hardware issue (so swop out faulty components) or a software issue (so resort back to settings that worked until you can get it right). 

Thanks Noughtboy. Yes, I get a feeling this could be a long drawn out saga with the all excuses for zero compensation. 

Despite the last fix date being 17th March, I am still experiencing frequent outages. Can this be escalated please. 

Hi there @Carlton1512 

Thank you for popping back to us and I am so sorry to hear that this has been ongoing. 

I have checked and I can see that there is no longer an outage in the area but I can also see there have been many disconnections. 

For that reason I do think it would be best for us to get an engineer out to take a look into this for us. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Hello again

Thanks so much for your private message and confirming your address, I have now booked you a visit for your connection issues – you can check the date and time via your online account here. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the My VM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment