cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SuperHub 5 - Constant Disconnections

Carlton1512
On our wavelength

I have SuperHub 5 but recently I seem to be experiencing frequent Internet dropouts/disconnections. It only lasts a short time, but is getting so frustrating with the frequency it is occurring. It can happen about 6 or more times a day.

Any suggestions at all please? 

Many thanks. 

24 REPLIES 24

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Carlton1512 👋,

Thank you for your post and I am sorry you are having constant disconnections, I know this must be frustrating.

I have checked our systems and can see you are affected y an SNR outage, this is due to be resolved by 20 FEB 2023 09:00 📅, if you are still having issues with your service after this date, please pop back and we can assist further for you, thank you for your patience on this 😊

Zoie

Thank you Zoie, this has been happening for quite some time and has been beyond frustrating, especially when working from home on conference calls and streaming things on TV😏

97179d42f3f60d7162855f36a78c8ad4daeda74d-15-02-2023.png

97179d42f3f60d7162855f36a78c8ad4daeda74d-17-02-2023.png

Thank you for reaching back out and we understand this is very frustrating.

However I do have some bad news sorry, this is that the SNR outage has actually been extended till the 27th Feb until 18:00 PM.

I am sorry for any trouble this will be causing. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Sorry Matt, this is beyond unacceptable. The internet is constantly dropping at least 15 times during the day which is making it nearly impossible to work and I'm constantly being disconnected during conference calls etc. 

@Carlton1512 wrote:

Sorry Matt, this is beyond unacceptable. The internet is constantly dropping at least 15 times during the day which is making it nearly impossible to work and I'm constantly being disconnected during conference calls etc. 

Unless you have a business contract there isn't much you can do unfortunately.

There is no SLA with a residential subscription, which is why it's recommended to have a backup connection when working from home.

It's not just the working from home that is the issue. 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the VM SNR fault is likely to be ongoing, get a 30 day rolling 4G router backup. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Unfortunately I have no idea how long the issue is going to go on for.