Menu
Mw0hmv
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Re: SuperHub 3 slow Wi-Fi

I have done all that you have and am sat around 3m from the superhub 3 and I'm getting the same results on 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz give or take , 20-30Mbps but a solid 75+ Ethernet .
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear this Mw0hmv,

I've responded to your separate thread so that we can discuss this further.

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Jakosaur
Joining in
Message 13 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Hey Guys,

Having the same issue on 200mbps broadband. Get full 200mbps on Ethernet but only around 30mbps on WiFi.

Tried these different setups.

• Hub 3 (Router Mode) - No luck
  • Hub 3 (Router Mode) ----> UniFi AC Pro Wi-Fi Access Point - Still no luck, still limited Wireless speeds which is strange
  • Hub 3 (Modem Mode) ----> Router ----> UniFi AC Pro Wi-Fi Access Point - Still limited

Don't understand why this is happening but seems to be something wrong with the Hub 3 if even with a seperate router and access point connected, the wireless speeds are still limited to exactly the same as if you're connected directly to the Hub via Wi-Fi.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 14 of 52
Flag for a moderator

What are the make and model of the devices you're testing with? Are the capable of connecting at Gigabit speeds?

Dave.

Dave

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 15 of 52
Flag for a moderator

another simple test is to take those problem devices to a friend's house or a public hotspot and see what speeds you then get

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Jakosaur
Joining in
Message 16 of 52
Flag for a moderator

High-end Gaming PC with Gigabit Ethernet - 200mbps

iPhone 6S Plus, 6S, 7 Plus & Windows devices running on 5GHz ac wireless are all limited.

0 Kudos
A_Sweaty_Wombat
Tuning in
Message 17 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Hello Dave,

I too have noted the limitation in speeds even when using a different router with the hub in modem mode.

To test I have used an iPhone 6s+, iPad Air 2 and a Samsung Galaxy S7 when I have tested it. All of these devices are capable of achieving a 1300Mbps link speed to the router. I have also multiple times tested the wireless speeds on a SuperHub 2 modem which easily achieves the 100Mbps.

Prior to "upgrading" to the SuperHub 3, I used the same wireless router to connect my wireless devices and I was able to achieve the 100Mbps so it is really confusing and frustrating.

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 18 of 52
Flag for a moderator

On 2.4 are they still slow?

Maybe there is a 5g Hz speed setting in the router but I can't think where or why. I'd look at the hub gui for possible suspects or reset to defaults options, as multiple devices are being affected. But on a wired access point, the hub WiFi is bypassed, so it puzzling

I assume you have already tried changing the WiFi channel, in case it is due to interference from nearby

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 19 of 52
Flag for a moderator

ps are the devices competing for bandwidth. Have you tested with all but one device powered off ? Followed by a hub reboot.

At some Pont I think you hustle for a hub swap out and see if that makes a difference

0 Kudos
A_Sweaty_Wombat
Tuning in
Message 20 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Hello cybmole,

Yes, I'm afraid I have tried changing channels, bands and resetting multiple times. It seems to be consistently slow across everything and I just cannot figure out why.

0 Kudos