cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SuperHub 3 completely dead - urgent!

cantoris
Tuning in

My Superhub 3 has died - no lights at all.

I've tried a different socket and a different fuse to no avail.  I even tried holding in the reset button out of desperation despite it clearly having no power 🙂

I'm desperate to have a replacement ASAP as I provide remote IT support for an NHS Trust and am on-call from Monday 24th!

Please help! Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Any other Hub you get from any 3d party source will never work - VM will never activate it.

The quickest way to get a new Hub is via a tech visit. You have one for tomorrow - which is the best service you could ever get - you got lucky 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

sophist
Trouble shooter

you're best off calling it in - 150 from a VM line or 0345 454 1111 - lines open at 08:00. 

it can take 3 - 5 days to get a new one.  you may need to find an alternative solution for your on-call stint. 

Thanks for your quick reply.  I'll ring first thing tomorrow.

A friend just recently replaced his Superhub 3 with a newer device so I've borrowed his old kit.

That shows my PSU was not to blame.  Is there any way to get his old Superhub 3 working on my connection in the short term?

Thanks!

Earlier I also booked an engineer appointment online for Tuesday.

Do they carry spare Superhubs?  If not I'll presumably be asking them to cancel when I phone tomorrow.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Any other Hub you get from any 3d party source will never work - VM will never activate it.

The quickest way to get a new Hub is via a tech visit. You have one for tomorrow - which is the best service you could ever get - you got lucky 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

lotharmat
Community elder

I assume that as you are on call - You have been issued a 4g phone from which you can set up a wireless hotspot - This is how our NHS on-call staff work!

If you haven't been given a dedicated phone - you need to speak to your manager as you can't really be on call as a single point of failure with a no-SLA residential contract!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Yes tomorrow evening is very quick!  I was hoping the engineers might carry a supply of spare hubs but from speaking to the agent on the phone, it sounds as though that is not the case.

I'll be limping along working from home tethered to my work phone in the meantime 😞

Thanks for your help.

The engineer has just been, and despite what the lady on the phone had said, he did have a Superhub with him.

New hub installed and I'm all back up and running.  Amazing service!

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Good news! Just Fi - you say he did have a Superhub with him - so - did you get a Hub3 or a refurbished "Superhub" (printed on the Hub's sticker"

--------------------
John
--------------------

It was a boxed "Hub 3.0".  I hadn't realised the name was now just "Hub".  🙂

Apparently v4's are rare as hen's teeth in these parts.