cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SuperHub 3 Rebooting

mrkb
Tuning in

Hi,

For the past 10 weeks we've been putting up with our Superhub 3  rebooting 6-7 times a day. 

There's no warning when it'll happen, there's no lack of speed at any point...It just randomly reboots, which takes 4-5 minutes for it to come back online.

It's making working from home a nightmare, as each time it means re-logging into my works systems. The whole process looses me so much time during then day.

I've done everything I can think of from manual restarts, to factory resetting...nothing seems to help.

Any ideas would be most appreciated. 

55 REPLIES 55

Hi mrkb, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message with your information. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. We cannot confirm the appointment time slot publicly, so to view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM

If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi...

4th Engineer visit yesterday.

He found an issue on the upstream, which he repaired by uping the frequency on the tap.

It lasted about 6 hours before the first days reset with 5 power cycles / restarts since then. Zero improvement with the power cycles and zero improvement on the packet loss.

BQM over the 24 hours:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/83712b0dcfcaf935b2ab2b28d9d8a0a760...

What happens now? Each new engineer doesn't know any details and I have to start from the beginning each time. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @mrkb,

Thank you for getting back to us about your connection issue. 

I understand that your issue has been ongoing for quite a while and that you have had multiple engineer appointments set up with no resolution for your issue.

I have been in contact with the Area Field Manager about this issue and they will be able to look into your problem further to see if there's any underlying issue causing this problem.

All I need to confirm with you is your availability. I will send you a Private Message in order to confirm this. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your page. 

I will be in touch soon.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @mrkb,

Thank you for confirming your details and availability with me over Private Message. 

I have confirmed the date and time of your technician visit to look into this further for you over Private Message.

Please let me know if this time and date is alright for you. If it is, please keep me updated on your visit and how your connection is getting on.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Hi,

Engineer visit number five..

I'm extremely frustrated and disappointed to say that yet again an engineer turned up at my property, he had ZERO knowledge of the past issues and literally went through a check list of what the other four had already done.

From my previous messages I at least thought that a conversation would have been had with him?? 

Connectors removed and changed.....left with me.....3 hours later....mauve light....to white....to flashing green....back to mauve.

The engineer asked me to message him directly if the problem comes back, which I have done, and have since received a response that he'll forward to management on Monday.......but it's not enough.

It's obvious that my household has more than a basic issue...so why are engineers being thrown at it, with no prior knowledge?

I've had enough of having to go through the issue each and every visit, explaining the fault, having to explain what all the other engineers have done (why??) explaining about the high packet loss on the BQM. 

I'm a electrical service engineer myself, this is not how engineers should be sent out.

This has gone way past annoyance, and I think that I've been more than patient with it......it's affecting my work, my partners work (dropping calls constantly in management meetings) and the home life of my disabled child,  

I need either a resolution, or a statement that Virgin is unable is fix my fault. I also require the details on where and who I forward my formal complaint too.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @mrkb,

Thank you for coming back to us about how your appointment went.

I am very sorry to hear that this has been your experience and that your issue is still not resolved. Apologies that no further action have been taken today by the engineer. 

I have email the Area Field Managers to discuss this issue further and included your feedback. I will get back to you with more information as soon as I can.

In the meantime, please monitor your connection over the next 24 hours and keep us updated on how it's looking. 

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team