cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SuperHub 3 Rebooting

mrkb
Tuning in

Hi,

For the past 10 weeks we've been putting up with our Superhub 3  rebooting 6-7 times a day. 

There's no warning when it'll happen, there's no lack of speed at any point...It just randomly reboots, which takes 4-5 minutes for it to come back online.

It's making working from home a nightmare, as each time it means re-logging into my works systems. The whole process looses me so much time during then day.

I've done everything I can think of from manual restarts, to factory resetting...nothing seems to help.

Any ideas would be most appreciated. 

55 REPLIES 55

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

It’s rare the hubs power cycle themselves - it’s more likely just losing connectivity to the network.

Does everything stop working as in wired and wireless connections?

What do the lights on the hub do during this time?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @mrkb,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting.

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your service. 

I have located your account and can see you are currently in Modem mode. Are you able to pop the hub in router mode so that we can carry out further diagnostic checks for you?

Hope to hear from you soon 🙂 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

All the lights go out, bar the bottom that goes white. Slowly all the lights all come back on. Wired and Wireless both drop out completely.

Hi,

I'll change it from modem mode in the next few minutes.

Thanks

Great 😄

It's showing as unreachable at the moment, so just pop me a reply once its been changed and I'll check again.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Hi,

It's online and currently working.

Thank you @mrkb,

I have taken a look at the account and we have identified a short term network issue that could cause an intermittent service. We believe it will only be a short term issue and it will be fixed very soon. However, in the mean time, it would be great if you could check that the coax cables are connected securely to the equipment, any splitters (standard and powered) and to the wall socket.

I note your downstream power levels are also out of spec therefore I have book the next available technician appointment for you. Details of this can be seen via your online account. If this is not convenient, you will see an option to re-schedule.

Hope this helps @mrkb and let us know how the visit goes 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Thanks for the help so far.

Looking forward to the engineer visit.

My pleasure @mrkb

Enjoy the rest of your weekend 😄

Ayisha_B
Forum Team