Menu
Highlighted
cadman1979
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Super hub + linksys WAG200G

Hi,

I have a VM Super Hub downstairs behind the tv, wifi is great in the front room, rest of the house, not so good.  I have an old Linksys WAG200G router that I would like to use as a wireless access point.

I have ethernet from the Super Hub to a netgear switch and then the WAP port on that connected to the linksys router.

I have followed the instructions here https://www.wikihow.com/Use-a-Linksys-WAG200G-as-a-Range-Extender-or-Access-Point everything seems to work ok with the exception that it still broadcasts as Linksys even though I changed the SSID to match the Super Hub and it is an unsecured network.

After about an hour, everything stops working and I have no internet at all.  I can't get back into the linksys router (I changed the IP to 192.168.1.2), it just times out.

My technical expertise here is very limited so please explain in very simple steps but any help would be very much appreciated.

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super hub + linksys WAG200G

You should make the Linksys be secured in the settings and then make the IP be 192.168.0.254

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super hub + linksys WAG200G

Hi cadman1979

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your post.

We are sorry to hear that you are having difficulties with WiFi around the home. 

Is this an issue on all devices? Also is the WiFi connection non-existent or intermittent? Would you also describe it as slow? 

0 Kudos