Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Super hub 4 - Randomly looses connection to the internet

Hi - Wonder if anybody can help?

I have just moved over from Super hub 3 to Super hub 4. I had no problems with the Super hub 3.

The super hub 4 is sat in the same location and uses the super hub 3 cables  (Coax and Ethernet)

The super hub 4 will randomly loose connection to the internet (all devices either Ethernet or Wi-Fi) - a hub power off/on causes the internet connection to return after the boot up... On one occasion during a loss of service I instead disconnected and reconnected the Coax cable (instead of powering off/on) as it uses a push on connector.... and this also instantly returned the connection to the internet. 

Seems to happen several times a week... so now every time this happens I simply pull out coax cable, wait 5s and plug back in and the internet connection returns almost straight away...

I've checked all cables and they seem fine (nothing loose or intermittent). When connection to internet is present... the connection is excellent with full speed / bandwidth and it will work like this for several hours....

Any ideas / suggestions would be much appreciated as its frustrating to have to keep resetting the hub when it looses connection to the internet....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super hub 4 - Randomly looses connection to the internet

How the hub 4 is disappointing you could post the hubs downstream and upstream but maybe all you need is a better wireless router with 1Gb ports and the hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos