cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super hub 3 constantly updating

poppet1
Tuning in

My super hub 3 internet LED is regularly flashing green and updating. It did it 5 times yesterday afternoon/evening and we had no internet connection for almost 3 hours. Today the same, it’s been flashing green since 6am, with no internet connection. Similar occurrences at the weekend too. 

Tried turning it off/on a couple of times to no avail.

Any ideas please? Surely it’s not normal to have this many updates?

19 REPLIES 19

MaxDeFelicis
Settling in

Hello, I've just joined because I've been experiencing the same problem with my hub: constant "updates" and internet dropping completely everyday since day one (about a month now). As I have read in several posts, it's a common issue that some get resolved offsite by VM or in person by an engineer after setting an appointment. Any help would be highly appreciated, as this has become a big nuisance. Many thanks

Nat_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there MaxDeFelicis,

Sorry to hear about this.

I've located your details and there is currently an SNR fault present within your area under the ticket reference F006484194, with a review set for 31 AUG 2018. You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV or TiVo® services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you.

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

Jumping on this thread..  

My box has been in a constant state of updating for the last 4 days. Happens for 4 hours each morning from 8 till 12. Then again in evening from 10 till midnight. 

No internet whilst its updating. The only way to stop it is to unplug and do a full reset . 

Hello

I am having the same issue. I only upgraded to the hub 3 last week due to issues with connectivity but every evening thx hub seems to try to update and so I lose my internet connection. The hub seems slow prior to this but at off peak times d.g. First thing in the morning it all seems to work fine.

I wasn’t convinced it was the router that was the problem originally but the tv connection through the same cable is fine.

Any thoughts?

Hi Mash3367 and MikeB85,

Thanks both for posting.

My apologies for the service issues and the delayed reply.

How's the services been since posting? If you need further help, please let me know.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

No improvement for me.

the hub is flashing green right now.

After various attempts of using the text tool including one when I was told the assistant was due a break and someone would be back with me in 3 mins only for the assistance process to start again 16 hours later I gave up and made an angry phone call this evening.

A technician is coming to my property on Friday

still makes no sense to me that it’s a problem in my property since the fault is intermittent and the same cable handles both my tv and broadband. The TV works fine but the broadband drops out to nothing at peak usage times.

Not happy

My apologies, please let us know how the technician visit goes.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Just had a technician visit. Confirmed the problem was a damaged connection at the cable box a couple of streets away.

Disappointing how long this has taken but quickly fixed when someone can actually come and have a look at the problem

David_Pn
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for getting back to us with an update.

We are pleased to hear that our technician was able to identify the issue.

We do apologise for the inconvenience which was caused and we thank you for your continued patience.

Many thanks. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

I'm jumping onto this thread. Same issue here green flashing light and won't go off. Can't call anyone as it's late but been happening ALL DAY