cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super hub 3 constantly updating

poppet1
Tuning in

My super hub 3 internet LED is regularly flashing green and updating. It did it 5 times yesterday afternoon/evening and we had no internet connection for almost 3 hours. Today the same, it’s been flashing green since 6am, with no internet connection. Similar occurrences at the weekend too. 

Tried turning it off/on a couple of times to no avail.

Any ideas please? Surely it’s not normal to have this many updates?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi poppet1,

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community.

I have looked into this for you and can see that you called in about this and an engineer was arranged. I can see that there was a fault that we became aware of that has since been resolved. 
How have things been since you last posted? I'm hoping all is working as it should be now but if not, and you're still having an issue, come back and let me know. 
Thanks,

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

19 REPLIES 19

Gormley182
Just joined

I have exactly the same issues.  No way it can be doing all these updates, it's a fault with the product, called Virgin and the earliest they can get an engineer out is Thursday- madness.

Ditto, only my earliest appointment will be Friday. They have now put that on hold whilst they investigate a network issue that could be affecting services.

I’ve a network backup drive attached to the hub - it logs a report every time the network goes down. Just checked and it’s logged 25 “network down” events in the last 4 weeks!!! What is going on?

Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi poppet1,

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community.

I have looked into this for you and can see that you called in about this and an engineer was arranged. I can see that there was a fault that we became aware of that has since been resolved. 
How have things been since you last posted? I'm hoping all is working as it should be now but if not, and you're still having an issue, come back and let me know. 
Thanks,

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Gormley182,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.

I'm sorry to hear that you were also experiencing some issues with Hub.

I have been unable to locate your account using your Forum details. I just wanted to check in and see if everything is working as it should be for you now?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,

Louise

Forum Team

Louise

Thanks for replying. A network issue was investigated meaning the engineer visit was cancelled. The issue is no longer as severe but I am still seeing daily updates/outages every day meaning there is no broadband for 30-60 mins at a time. Is this normal?

The super hub 3 just isn’t proving as reliable as the older hub 2. Can the updates be scheduled for overnight thereby minimising the disruption?

Thanks

...and it’s been down again this morning from 1045-1115...another update??!

Heather_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello poppet1, 

Thanks for keeping in touch 🙂

I've just tested your connection and all is well from our side at the moment. 

Any changes your end?

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Hi

No improvement over the last week. 2 outages today, 3 Sunday, 1 Saturday, 3 Friday...I could go on! Each time the box is performing an update which takes up to 30 mins. This surely can’t be normal behaviour?

I experienced nothing like this with the old hub v2.

Nat_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I'm sorry to hear this poppet1,

I've located your details and everything appears within specification from this end at the moment.

How have things been for you since posting?

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know