0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 22 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super hub 2 traffic light blinking green - no internet access

Hi Frankieb2000,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I'd like to check this out for you but I can't seem to locate your account. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details.

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Christmasshorts
Settling in
Message 23 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Yep same problem happens every couple of months for our family, phone them up and they say it's all switcher off and when I have a connection they pretend it's some thing an engineer can fix, last engineer that came to the home told us we should stop using virgin media, fed up of having no internet for no reason! I need to work!!

it's not your upstream power levels, remember that when they feed you that false info! so frustrated with constnatly having internet problems when all my friends have a steady stream of internet, we pay for 200mbps and we cant get it and when we get LAN our wifi is at about 10mbps for our phones, is this a joke!?

0 Kudos
carnivalist
Superfast
Message 24 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I've had no reliable broadband since the summer - in fact I'm being forced to use my Three Mobile Broadband MI-Fi to post this.

At one point the CS line gave an automated message about an area fault for a few weeks, so at least I was spared fruitless, frustrating and futile attempts to solve the problem myself, or get a poor, nonplussed CS operator in Bombay to try and resolve it.

The recorded alert ended sometime ago, yet despite that and Jackanory texts spreading the good news that my problem has been fixed, my broadband still goes down on a regular basis. In the Summer an engineer attended and changed my UselessHub 3 but warned me it would probably have little effect as there had been area fault in my locality for TWO YEARS!!!. I live in Central London for Goodness' sake, not in the outskirts of Ulan Bator.

My mother has had intermittent area faults in an entirely different part of the country and it is clear that many others in a variety of areas are having issues to an unusual degree. The evidence is mounting that there is some fundamental problem with Virgin's network at the moment, but if that is the case, then something tells me we customers will be the last to know.

I suppose I should be thankful Christmas is around the corner - at least the dazzling array of flashing lights on the front of my UselessHub 3 can be put to good use.

0 Kudos