Menu
Highlighted
markl9
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Super hub 2 WiFi connection failures

For many months now we have been suffering issues where single devices will lose there WiFi connection to our SH2, it only affects a single device at a time and appears to be random in which device suffers. It mainly impacts our iOS devices (yes they are on the latest version) which will lose there connection, when you enter the correct password it reports it as incorrect. The only way to resolve it is to reboot the hub which we are forced to do multiple times a week.

Any help would be appreciated but I will add again all our devices are on up to date OS versions.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Super hub 2 WiFi connection failures

Others have reported that the SH2 can develop wps password problems (anyone confirm?). I have a SH2 as well but only ever use it in modem mode with my own 3d party router providing the wifi - have you considered doing that ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
markl9
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have done that in previously but would prefer to get the SH working, especially given the money I’m pumping into VM, out of curiosity what router do you use?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@markl9 wrote:

I have done that in previously but would prefer to get the SH working, especially given the money I’m pumping into VM, out of curiosity what router do you use?

I have always been an Apple disciple....  yes, yes I know.....  So I have always had Airport Extreme routers and Express extenders and am 100% happy with them.  However, Apple are moving out of that market now, so are not a long term option for anyone.  The Asus range of wifi cable routers are well regarded -- as are the Ubiquiti range of wifi access points ( a company set up by ex-Apple networking employees).

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos