Menu
Highlighted
BHSnapper
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Super Hub won't reset

Hi, my MacBook Air almost always routinely selects my GUEST network (and other other devices too) even though my main network is available.

I have to manually select my "private" network in order to access my 2 NAS units.

I have rebooted it 2x. No effect.

I wanted to reset to Factory defaults. Found I can't do this either through the Hub software (logged in as Admin) or via the physical pinhole at the back.

Otherwise it is currently working "OK"

Ideas anyone?

0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super Hub won't reset

To fully reset the VM hub you do a ‘pin hole’ reset. A small hole on the hub accepts a paper clip inserted to activate a switch. Do this with the hub power on and hold down for thirty seconds. Do not power off the hub. When you release the switch the hub should reboot.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
BHSnapper
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry but I've tried that twice - it didn't work. 

I inserted a pin, kept it there for 30 secs, switched off router and Macbook Air. 

30 minutes later I restarted router. Same old same old. Passwords remained the same though under this reset all passwords are supposed to return to manufacturer's spec. Though at least my MacBook reconnected to my main network and not my guest network.... which it normally does. Grrrr.Smiley Mad

0 Kudos
chenks
Wise owl
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

it takes longer than 30 second from anecdotal evidence.
on occasions it can take up to 2 minutes of continaul pressing in of the reset button until the hub powers down and resets.

you should not restart the hub manually yourself, you need to let the reset process do it.
0 Kudos
BHSnapper
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorted OK. Held it down for longer. Now I'm trying to reset my email password, having s them portray one, I can get onto my account via VM website, but prefer it through Apple email app...

0 Kudos