Menu
Bern1st
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Super Hub or Super Hub3

I am having WiFi problems with it constantly dropping out, even when only in the next room. I am still working with the original Super Hub. Would it be any advantage by upgrading to Super Hub 3. Not having any problems that i can see regarding internet speed, but being a bit of an OAP novice in this department a little advice would be helpful.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Super Hub or Super Hub3

There are many recent threads on here where expert comment has been posted - take a look at the ones below.  You have the original Superhub which is really at museum piece nowadays and you will certainly be better served with a new Hub3 - which works just fine for >95% of customers (internet gamers notwithstanding!).  So I would suggest you call CS and tell them your SH1 hub wifi has stopped working.  They will either just send you out a replacement or organise a technician's visit - who will simply swap it for the Hub3.

If they um and ah and say it looks fine on our tests we cant do that... say ok, hang up and call in the next day with the Hub turned off and say its "dead" it wont power up, and they will have to send a technician.

See Griffins wifi analysis and Hub3 in message 6 of this thread

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Super-hub-3-Wifi/td-p/3877406

and message 2 of this one

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Laptop-wifi-intermittent-issues/td-p/388578...

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Kirston26
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

In all honesty i'd suggest you put the SH in modem mode, and forget about the issues.

SH3 is one massive issue for gamers  

0 Kudos
Bern1st
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the help. I will try ringing tomorrow and see what **bleep** they come up with, or they may surprise me and be very positive. haha

0 Kudos
Bern1st
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

By putting into modem mode what would i be losing?. does it mean I would need a new router to complement it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Fingers crossed ! Kirston26 makes a valid point - I myself am in modem mode - but for most customers its not really necessary. If you do have some wifi problems when the Hub3 is installed, just post back here and people will help you sort it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.