cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Hub 5 problems. Bricked on set-up?

SuperhubUser
On our wavelength

Hi,

After setting up the hub (wifi names/ passwords etc), I connected it to the internet (coax). After that, all SSIDs disappeared and I can't connect to it through an ethernet cable either.

A reset (60 secs holding the button until flash) hasn't fixed it - the default (VMxxxxx) SSID no longer appears and ethernet connections still don't work. Scanning the WPS QR code at the back doesn't provide a connection either.

Is it busted? It's showing a solid white LED that flashes every few minutes. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Its easy for them to reactivate the Hub3 - the only reason it is not possible is if you have moved to the 1GB package - when you must have a Hub4/5 - is that the case?

If not - Call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 (option 3) – you will need the Hub serial numbers/MAC addresses off the barcode stickers and also your account number and tell them you want the Hub3 activating.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Have you called it in and reported it as faulty?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I did a few hours ago. 

The 1st operator told me that it was in modem mode, and that she would activate it on her end. I agreed to that course of action on the condition that she could revert back to my old Hub 3 (which was working) if the Hub 5 was not fixed. She said it would take 30 minutes for the fix to apply and she would call back then to see if it worked. 

It didn't work, she didn't call back and now my old Hub 3 is longer able to receive signal. When I called again an hour later the new operator told me that re-activating the old hardware is not possibe and has arranged a technician for Monday. I'm now going to be 4 days without internet because of it. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Its easy for them to reactivate the Hub3 - the only reason it is not possible is if you have moved to the 1GB package - when you must have a Hub4/5 - is that the case?

If not - Call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 (option 3) – you will need the Hub serial numbers/MAC addresses off the barcode stickers and also your account number and tell them you want the Hub3 activating.

--------------------
John
--------------------

Thanks for your quick reply. 

I didn't sign up for any contract changes - just the free Hub5 upgrade promo from last month.

I'll give the number a call later, thanks 👍

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello SuperhubUser, thank you for your posts and replies on our help forum.

Sorry to hear of the issues faced with your new hub 5 and that your old hub 3 could not be reactivated while you had an issue with the broadband. 
Please, allow us to explain if we've processed a hub replacement for you then all codes from your old equipment would have been removed from the account therefore re-connecting this hub would not be easy.

Also, based on what you explain above, as our agents ran the diagnostics for you and advised we need a technician to fix this, we would be able to do a a free fault visit and restore or replace the new equipment where needed.

Could you please tell us if there are any updates since you last posted on Thursday and how you get on with this?
Have you called our activation number as advised by jbrennand above and did that help?
Happy to assist further

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Adri,

Jbrennand was correct, it was simple for them to reactivate the Hub3 when I called with it's Mac code.

The engineer came last night and swapped the faulty Hub5 for a new one, then called to activate it and it's working great.

Would you like me to return my old Hub3?

David

Hi @SuperhubUser

Great to hear this is all sorted for you now and working well. 

You can return the Hub 3 us, you can request a pre-paid returns packaging or print off your own returns label here. Drop this at your nearest collect plus point and we'll pick it up from there. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Mrzapie
Dialled in

Hi,

Same here, Hub 5 worked to confirm account activation and that was it, 3 hours with VM trying to get some life out of the 5, VM crashed and burned trying to  get the Hub going again.

Waiting for an engineer, for what appears to be a common problem.

Not good.

Hi there @Mrzapie 👋 Welcome back to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see you've had a fault with your new Hub, I can certainly understand the frustration with this 😔 I have checked our system and can see there have been some updates to this since you posted.

Have the team now been able to have this resolved for you? If you need further help with this, please let us know. We're always happy to help.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules