cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Hub 5 Request

martynbez
On our wavelength

Hi,

Could I possible request a super hub 5 to take advantage to the 2.5gb ethernet port?

My work has supplied me with some new equipment to work from home and it has 2.5gb ports on it.

Be a shame to not take advantage of all the speeds 🙂

6 REPLIES 6

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
If only VM said 900Mb things would be different...
---------------------------------------------------------------

jem101
Superstar

Right now the Hub 5 is still on a trial / test / soft launch basis and is strictly only available by invite only. There doesn't seem to be any mechanism to 'request one' or to be added to the invite list.

Neither is there any date for a more general roll out of it - but it is not far off a year now since the hub was first deployed to some users, and it still doesn't seem to be fit for a more general release.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

I really hope VM remove stuff from router mode the MAC filtering, the list of connected devices, port forwarding but have DMZ, IP/MAC binding, remove the ability to disable DHCP is change LAN IP THEN people will wake up and smell the coffee and use modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------

martynbez
On our wavelength

Happy to be a trial/test for them 🙂

I am also in the same boat, but NO they are not giving them out. I have tried many ways to get one.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS GT-AX6000 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not available yet, even I cannot get one.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2