cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Hub 4 showing red light.

fitzy121
Joining in

Hi, I'm here as a twitter representative redirected me here.

I'm having some issues with my Super Hub 4, it is showing a red light.

I have taken the following trouble shooting steps.

• Checked all connections
  • Soft reboot
  • Hard pinhole reset
  • Ran connection test on service status page

None of the above worked and it also says there are no issues in my area.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
So the Hub has a red light - but you haven't said - have you got any network connectivity?

Is it a new Hub or new install or has it been working fine in th past and the "fault" has just developed?

If not... try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (free on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others - national rate) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number – n.b.- the UK call centre is still picking up and calling at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) gives the best chance of getting through quickly.

Or, a VM person should pick this thread up and be able to help but it can take a few days.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Apologies, I didnt think to mention. I dont have any connection at all. It says on the router status page No RF Signal.

However the service status page has now been updated and there has been an identified issue.

Thank you very much for your help.

Is it a new hub? Has it been activated?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @fitzy121

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding the issues you are experiencing with your Super Hub 4.

I have taken a look at your account and can see that your services are being affected by a prolonged signal levels issue. The estimated fix time is 23.00pm this evening.

Please do let me know how things are working after this.

Are you able to post a photo of the red light that is showing on your Hub?

Best wishes,

Serena