cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Hub 3 reboots / resets itself frequently

badger999
Tuning in

I am having nonstop issues with the Super hub 3 router that keeps resetting rebooting itself since the past few weeks. All wired and wifi connections drop until the reboot is complete and then everything starts working again. This happens at least 7-8 times a day sometimes more. Various complaints made via telephone to Virgin Media who don't appear to care. All phones for technical faults are handled by call takers in India who read from a script and it appears that they don't have a clue about the issues. I have resorted to taking the matter through ADR scheme through the regulators to seek Virgin media bosses attention on this issue as they appear to not really be bothered. Virgin Media will not send a tech out or replace the router and frankly are an appalling company to deal with. Any one have a fix for this?

299 REPLIES 299

robinsonpr
On our wavelength

Engineer number 5 has just been to my house.  Couldn't find the problem.  Says the downstream and upstream specs are fine.  So basically has no idea what's causing it.  Had no other suggestions.  Just said he's "raised a ticket" whatever that is meant to mean.  So still no closer to a resolution.

My guess its the hub itself thats faulty not the signal.When the engineer calls again try and get him to fit a new Hub 4. I had the same issues as you and this solved my problem. 

robinsonpr
On our wavelength

thanks yorky.  I've now had 3 different Hubs and they all behave the same (Hub 3s though).  I did mention to the engineer today that I've read that some people with the same issue had it fixed by getting a hub 4.  But he said a hub 4 was not compatible with my area yet (Stevenage, Hertfordshire).

Hi robinsonpr,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, I am sorry to hear you are on your 3rd Hub 3.0 and had the same issues, the Hub 4.0 is currently only available with our Gigabit services however this will be rolled out in your area in the near future.

I would advise keeping a eye on your Online Account under my offers and upgrades as it would show there when available.

Regards

Paul.

robinsonpr
On our wavelength

Thanks Paul but I won't be upgrading.  I should surely be able to have uninterrupted service on a 200 Mbps service.  I am paying for it after all.  It used to be fine, it's only recently I've started having issues.  

BT kit is meant to be fairly good and they have some competitive offers.  If virgin can't give me what I'm paying for I'll be going elsewhere. 

Hi robinsonpr,

Thank you for coming back to me, I have had a look at thing your end and cannot see any issues other than some of your devices do have low WIFI, we do have our Intelligent WIFI which come with our pods which does improve your WIFI in your property.

Regards

Paul.

robinsonpr
On our wavelength

The WiFi is fine.  The issue is the hub intermittently rebooting itself for no apparent reason.  At which point I lose all internet both wired and wireless for 5-10 mins while it resets.  I've had BQM running against it for some weeks now and the drop outs are apparent on the monitor.  Some days it drops once or twice, other days 5 or more. 

Morning robinsonpr,

Are you able to provide a live link to your BQM?

Alex_Rm

robinsonpr
On our wavelength

Hi my live BQM is here:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/896488f9411043a32295c7dee2ac895825... 

It's titled "NEW" as I had to set up another new monitor when my 3rd New Hub 3 was installed on the 28th July.

paku
Joining in

Hi.
Last time, I have exactly this same problem with my Super Hub 3, like everyone in this topic. After couple of years failure-free work, last few weeks are terrible. At the beginning it restarted two or three times a day, for several days it has been doing it even several times within an hour. 
I've done a few resets, factory reset, etc, but with no results. Initially Super Hub3 was working in "Modem Mode", I thought maybe this is the cause of the problems. I went back to factory settings but the reboots haven't gone away.