cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Hub 3 reboots / resets itself frequently

badger999
Tuning in

I am having nonstop issues with the Super hub 3 router that keeps resetting rebooting itself since the past few weeks. All wired and wifi connections drop until the reboot is complete and then everything starts working again. This happens at least 7-8 times a day sometimes more. Various complaints made via telephone to Virgin Media who don't appear to care. All phones for technical faults are handled by call takers in India who read from a script and it appears that they don't have a clue about the issues. I have resorted to taking the matter through ADR scheme through the regulators to seek Virgin media bosses attention on this issue as they appear to not really be bothered. Virgin Media will not send a tech out or replace the router and frankly are an appalling company to deal with. Any one have a fix for this?

299 REPLIES 299

citron
Joining in

hi got the same issue. router reboot itself few times a day. Got 3 engineers from virgin and still the same 😕 all they done was a changing or cutting a cables but lasttime I said it might be a router but they still change a cable saying its not they use. you can see how often that is not even 24h 😕 

IMG_20210609_134820.jpg

SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@citron Your BQM image has been rejected as it contains your WAN IP address and this is against the forum rules, to protect your privacy.  If you use the share options on the BQM page you can add a link or embed an image of your graph without your IP address.

Also it is usually best to create your own thread rather than adding to someone else’s. Even with identical symptoms the root cause may not be the same and a new thread is more likely to get picked up by the forum team.

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/e7563906c3f0a68f5fb6d3c54cf69d0f8661b956-09-06-2021

thx this a link 

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums citron, and a very warm welcome to you

I'd like to see if we can take a closer look into this for you

Please check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi  - I have the same issue. I lose internet connectivity and the router reboots itself at least 3 times each day.  I have a Hub 3.0 which I use in Modem mode.   Can Virgin support help me fix it please, as it is very frustrating.  Thanks.

Hi dh1960

Sorry to hear of the broadbadn issues experienced and thanks for taking the time to raise this via the forums, welcome to the community.

From looking at the connection I can see there are some power level issues across the majority of the down stream channels, this will require a technician so I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you.

Thanks

Rob

Thanks for confirming the requested information, I have booked in a technician for you to come look into this further.

You can find the details of the visit via either your online account or here if you have any issues please let me know.

Thanks

Rob

What is it you wish to discuss dh1960?

Rob

I have had the exact same problem. First engineer that called did the same as yours with no effect like you. Second engineer changed the router. Problem solved. Push for a new router!

Hi roryjwalker

Have you have your issue resolved? I have been having the same issue for the whole of June and we are at breaking point. 

Regards

SP