cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Hub 3 reboots / resets itself frequently

badger999
Tuning in

I am having nonstop issues with the Super hub 3 router that keeps resetting rebooting itself since the past few weeks. All wired and wifi connections drop until the reboot is complete and then everything starts working again. This happens at least 7-8 times a day sometimes more. Various complaints made via telephone to Virgin Media who don't appear to care. All phones for technical faults are handled by call takers in India who read from a script and it appears that they don't have a clue about the issues. I have resorted to taking the matter through ADR scheme through the regulators to seek Virgin media bosses attention on this issue as they appear to not really be bothered. Virgin Media will not send a tech out or replace the router and frankly are an appalling company to deal with. Any one have a fix for this?

299 REPLIES 299

Hi All,

just to let you know my issue could not be sorted remotely and an engineer did have to attend at the end.

he said the signal coming to the house had to be adjusted as the levels were out of range?!

you probably need an engineer as well to resolve the issues.

hope this helps.

Hi,

Thanks for the fast reply.

I have un-plugged the router and also reset it to factory settings, all was working for around 30 minutes and it went in to another reboot and disconnected the internet.

The issue is still on going and likely needs a replacement Hub and Cable or engineer unless there is anything else to try?

The account says there is no issues found when the internet is connected.

This is the latest log:

28/04/2021 18:35:59noticeLAN login Success;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
01/01/1970 00:01:36criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
28/04/2021 18:29:11noticeLAN login Success;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
01/01/1970 00:01:42criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

What's the next step please?

Thanks,

Rory.

I’d contact Virgin and request an engineer asap mate.

mine did the exact same thing, restarted 5-10 times a day, was very annoying.

Hi,

Thanks for the fast reply.

I have un-plugged the router and also reset it to factory settings, all was working for around 30 minutes and it went in to another reboot and disconnected the internet.

The issue is still on going and likely needs a replacement Hub and Cable or engineer unless there is anything else to try?

The account says there is no issues found when the internet is connected.

This is the latest log:

28/04/2021 18:35:59 notice LAN login Success;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
01/01/1970 00:01:36 critical No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
28/04/2021 18:29:11 notice LAN login Success;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
01/01/1970 00:01:42 critical No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

What's the next step please?

Thanks,

Rory.

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @roryjwalker

Thanks so much for popping back - I can see that the hub was rebooted around half an hour ago; was this a manual reboot? 

I've not been able to spot any issues directly here; have you set up a BQM at all? A Broadband Quality Monitor will continually monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of your connection. If you need any help with that please let us know.

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

Hi katie,

No that reboot was the router, its happened once today but 4 times yesterday maybe more, it happens everyday though multiple times.

Id expect it to potentially occur later on again.

I've not used a BQM i just set it up thanks for that, but id rather get a solution to the issue though.

Is there anything Virgin can do?

I can't pay for the internet that keeps going down all the time, me and my partner work from home and its causing a lot of issues.

Thanks for the help,

Rory.

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Currently we're not able to see any issues this end at the time of writing - one the BQM has been running for around 24 hours we may get a clearer idea of what is happening and we can go from there 🙂 

Pop back with your link when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

Hi Kaite,

After setting up the BQM the internet all of a sudden seemed to be ok with only 2 drops at most in a day but yesterday it returned in full flare with the most recent drop being a few minutes ago.

Here is the BQM link: https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/544f253a597e9ec03c300a9b48ee307686...

Thanks,

Rory.

Here are the logs.

08/05/2021 07:00:55criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
08/05/2021 06:59:39criticalReceived Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
08/05/2021 06:56:2criticalUnicast Maintenance Ranging attempted - No response - Retries exhausted;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
08/05/2021 06:56:2criticalRanging Request Retries exhausted;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
08/05/2021 06:55:24criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
08/05/2021 06:55:23criticalUnicast Maintenance Ranging attempted - No response - Retries exhausted;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
08/05/2021 06:55:23criticalRanging Request Retries exhausted;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
08/05/2021 06:54:52criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
08/05/2021 06:54:51criticalUnicast Maintenance Ranging attempted - No response - Retries exhausted;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
08/05/2021 06:54:51criticalRanging Request Retries exhausted;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

Thanks,

Rory.

Hi Roryjwalker,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

I have already taken the time to look into your services and straight away I could see there was an issue with your downstream levels - which will need an engineer to rectify. 

I just need to confirm some details with you via a PM, then I can book this for you 🙂

Speak to you soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L