cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Hub 3 reboots / resets itself frequently

badger999
Tuning in

I am having nonstop issues with the Super hub 3 router that keeps resetting rebooting itself since the past few weeks. All wired and wifi connections drop until the reboot is complete and then everything starts working again. This happens at least 7-8 times a day sometimes more. Various complaints made via telephone to Virgin Media who don't appear to care. All phones for technical faults are handled by call takers in India who read from a script and it appears that they don't have a clue about the issues. I have resorted to taking the matter through ADR scheme through the regulators to seek Virgin media bosses attention on this issue as they appear to not really be bothered. Virgin Media will not send a tech out or replace the router and frankly are an appalling company to deal with. Any one have a fix for this?

299 REPLIES 299

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks so much for joining me on private message @BenjaminD 

I have now booked you a visit for your broadband issue – you can check the date and time via your online account here. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

souldriver
Tuning in

Hi

I have the same issue.

My hub 3 router keeps rebooting itself. All wired and wifi connections drop until the reboot is complete and then everything starts working again. This happens at least half a dozen times a day sometimes more.

I have my own router so hub 3 is in mdem mode. I've tried resetting and rebooting the hub and the router but it keeps happening which makes me think it must be the connection.

Hey souldriver, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

I have taken a look and I can't see any major issues at all, if you are using a 3rd party can you please just trying using the Hub3 on its own without any 3rd party equipment and let me know if its still the same or not please?

Can you also post the BQM of this also.  Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt

Thanks for your reply. Funnily enough at the same time as your reply the broadband went down for the area and after this was resolved our issue disappeared. However after a few weeks of it working perfectly the same issue is now back. I have disconnected our router and reset the hub3 and will try using that on it's own to see what happens.

Hi @souldriver,

Thank you for the update. I'm so sorry to hear that the issue with your Hub 3 returned.

Please do let us know if your steps alleviated the problem at all or if you need some further support.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach, thanks for checking. Unfortunately, still having major issues. Been calling your helpdesk (half hour waits each time) and was advised yesterday that it's not just us, there is an issue and it would be fixed by 10am today. Still having issues this morning so called after 10 (another half hour wait) to be advised that it's a "global issue" and would now hopefully be fixed by 2.30pm. As I advised on the call it would help if the service status page advised of this "global issue" as it still says there is no issues with the service in my area. Obviously if it did then I wouldn't need to keep calling! The only way I can find out if I'm still having an issue or it's this "global issue" is by calling and sitting in the queue. Could go on forever on this but long story short it's still disconnecting and then rebooting. At least 6 times do far today.

Apologies for this souldriver,

I've had a look at things from our side, and it does look like you're still affecting by the area issue as advised.

Please let us know how things are after the time frame you've been given.

Alex_Rm

Well, 2.30pm has been and gone and still no resolution. Connection hasn't worked for a while now so have to assume that it is still being worked but as the issue appears to be secret - your service status page still tells me there is no issue - the only way to know if I have a fault or everyone has a fault is to phone again. Absolutely ridiculous. And of course you've got me over a barrel with a long contract so nothing I can do about it.

I've checked again, and our systems still detect a connectivity issue, and advise that previously you were asked to monitor the connection over the next 24 hours.

There is still 3 hours left of this timeframe, if you continue to have problems after this time frame we can continue testing.

Alex_Rm

Alex, you may want to read my previous comments as your reply does not help.