cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Hub 3 reboots / resets itself frequently

badger999
Tuning in

I am having nonstop issues with the Super hub 3 router that keeps resetting rebooting itself since the past few weeks. All wired and wifi connections drop until the reboot is complete and then everything starts working again. This happens at least 7-8 times a day sometimes more. Various complaints made via telephone to Virgin Media who don't appear to care. All phones for technical faults are handled by call takers in India who read from a script and it appears that they don't have a clue about the issues. I have resorted to taking the matter through ADR scheme through the regulators to seek Virgin media bosses attention on this issue as they appear to not really be bothered. Virgin Media will not send a tech out or replace the router and frankly are an appalling company to deal with. Any one have a fix for this?

299 REPLIES 299

I have been with Virgin since November 2020 and have the Hub 3 which was replaced 2 weeks ago for another Hub 3. I only started having issues about 2 months ago

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi LeeRuss, 

Thank you for posting and our apologies for the issues you have been experiencing. 

Can you please keep in touch and let us know how the visit goes tomorrow?

We are here to help if needed. 

Thanks, 

Nat

BenjaminD
Joining in

Hi,

I have been having the same issue all evening, every 10 mins the router resets. 

Can some one advise and what I need to do please? 

Thanks 

Hey BenjaminD, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you are having some issues with your router rebooting.

How long has this been happening for?

I have some run some tests from my end and I can't find any problems, everything is looking great and the levels are very good.

Have you tried giving your router a reboot to see that help? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi All

Small update from me. A few weeks ago an engineer came around again and ran some tests. All he did was change the Wideband Equaliser from  4db to 2db.

I don't think this really made much difference as the hub was still rebooting randomly and connection dropping intermittently but then after a week or so I had a period of a few weeks were everything was quite stable however there have more recently been some issues again but in general I am having much less issues.

I don't think it was anything local on my side. Virgin have been doing work in the area and even got a message from them to say the fibre will be down for a few hours while they were doing some work. Strangely there was no interruption during that time!

Its really a bit hit and miss but definitely a lot better than what is was originally.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for updating the thread LeeRuss. 

We are glad to hear there has been some improvements since the technician visit. 

When you say the service is a bit hit and miss, can you let us know what problems you are still facing and we will do what we can to help. 

Thanks, 

Nat

LeeRuss
On our wavelength

Hi Nat

What I mean is the internet goes off at seemingly random times for a short period like 30 seconds to a minute or two. Of course I only notice this if I was actively doing something requiring a connect like a video call. What I usually do is grab my phone and open the Fast.com app to check what going on and that usually confirm if there is no connection and then I can also easily see what its back on again as the fast.com app will show the speed again.

Sometimes I notice the light on my mesh router change to red which means there is no internet connection and sometimes I notice the virgin hub rebooting. I can then go for days without noticing any issue but I can't see if there have definitely not been any issues as it may occur at a time when I wasn't actively needing a connection.

Thanks for coming back to us LeeRuss.

I have looked into your connection and that in the local area, upon checking this I cannot see any problems that would be causing the issues that you're having.

Would you be able to setup a broadband quality monitor using the link here? This can help us determine the issues that you're having with your connection. 

Regards,

Steven_L

LeeRuss
On our wavelength

Hi

I have enabled the quality monitor. I did have it set up previously. I'll also keep a log of when I have issues.

It just went down a few mins ago which prompted me create a log and enable the monitor.

Many thanks

Leon

LeeRuss
On our wavelength

Should I share the link to the monitor here?