cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Hub 3 reboots / resets itself frequently

badger999
Tuning in

I am having nonstop issues with the Super hub 3 router that keeps resetting rebooting itself since the past few weeks. All wired and wifi connections drop until the reboot is complete and then everything starts working again. This happens at least 7-8 times a day sometimes more. Various complaints made via telephone to Virgin Media who don't appear to care. All phones for technical faults are handled by call takers in India who read from a script and it appears that they don't have a clue about the issues. I have resorted to taking the matter through ADR scheme through the regulators to seek Virgin media bosses attention on this issue as they appear to not really be bothered. Virgin Media will not send a tech out or replace the router and frankly are an appalling company to deal with. Any one have a fix for this?

299 REPLIES 299

I have also request a new router and been told all the way through June they have no stock.

Hi SPatel-136,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you've been having with your hub. 

I have been able to locate your account and can see you have spoken with the team regarding this. 

As you're continuing to have this issue we may need to look as getting a technician out. 

What I will do is private message you to get some detail from you. 

^Martin

robinsonpr
On our wavelength

I am experiencing the same issue.  I will raise a separate thread as suggested but I also wanted to add it here.  The issue with repeated random drop outs and hub 3 restarts have been going on for a few weeks.  Started out of the blue after years of problem free service.

Since initially reporting the issue with the helpdesk I have had:

- 4 different engineers out to the house on separate occasions

- a new cable from the box on the street up to the house

- not one but 2 new routers

The second new router was installed this evening at 7pm and I've just experienced the first reset at 8.30pm

Hi 

My issue was resolved by the engineer installing the newer Hub 4. Maybe its a Hub 3 issue!

Hi Robinsonpr, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your broadband services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you. 

May I ask you for a bit more information so we can understand your specific issue like -

• Does this problem occur on Ethernet connected PC’s/Consoles as well as WIFI devices?
  • Does the hub start to show other lights when the connection issue occurs?

Also we may need you to use a BMQ graph to gain more of an insight into your HUB's performance, this needs to stay active for 24 hours so we can see a good chunk of activity. We also may need to you reboot your HUB so that the data on the HUB's logs can reset, this helps the performance and also helps us identify any issues on our side. 
However, I can see from looking at your services that your Hub does have some power level issues that are out of spec, mainly on your downstream power levels which would explain the symptoms you're describing! This will need another engineer to fix, I am sorry the previous one overlooked this though. 

I'll send you a PM now so we can get this booked in for you and hopefully resolve the issue once and for all!
Thanks,
Megan_L

I did create a new question of my own alongside this thread.  I already have had BQM running for a few weeks.  I've had to set up a new one for the new router though so only have 12 hours of data so far (one dropout).  I can do the router reset if required. 

Hi Robinsonpr,

Thanks for getting back to me here and within our PM 🙂

As we have now hopefully identified what the issue is, I wouldn't do a reset for now. However, if any other users are reading this thread looking for similar help, reboots are always helpful for us when investigating issues!

As for the BMQ, keep it running like you have been doing as we will be able to refer to that after the engineer has visited to see any kind of visual improvement. It's a brilliant tool to use for things like this, isn't it! 🙂

For now, good luck with the engineer visit, let me know how things go.

Thanks,

Megan_L

By the way the downstream power levels on the hub all look fine to me.  All between 5 - 7.8 dBmV.  

What have you seen that doesn't look right?

Hi Robinsonpr, 

Thanks for coming back to me with your question 🙂

On our side we can see a much more in depth list of your power levels, which the engineer should be able to access as well with his handheld devices. 

Some of your downstream specs are unbalanced, some are higher than normal, some lower. 

The engineer will hopefully be able to bring these all back into line, fixing the issue 🙂

Thanks so much!

Megan_L

robinsonpr
On our wavelength

Getting so infuriating trying to work.  5 dropouts yesterday and already 2 this morning.

dc7ca12b5487f5d749d2667be53bd25c104ee410-30-07-2021