cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Hub 3 reboots / resets itself frequently

badger999
Tuning in

I am having nonstop issues with the Super hub 3 router that keeps resetting rebooting itself since the past few weeks. All wired and wifi connections drop until the reboot is complete and then everything starts working again. This happens at least 7-8 times a day sometimes more. Various complaints made via telephone to Virgin Media who don't appear to care. All phones for technical faults are handled by call takers in India who read from a script and it appears that they don't have a clue about the issues. I have resorted to taking the matter through ADR scheme through the regulators to seek Virgin media bosses attention on this issue as they appear to not really be bothered. Virgin Media will not send a tech out or replace the router and frankly are an appalling company to deal with. Any one have a fix for this?

299 REPLIES 299

SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ADLEMM wrote:

Hi SCA1972, i did get a PM from Jodi_S yesterday, but still waiting for a reply from last night.

Getting desperate as this has been ongoing for weeks now.

In that case please stay calm and give @Jodi_S some time to respond, the staff are having to deal with a lot more posts than usual right now.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi, what are you doing with my fault F007915437? 20th May has come and gone and my internet is still unstable? please escalate and respond to my messages.

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for quoting the reference, the updated details are below for the congestion fault:

Reference: F007915437   

Estimated repair time: 03 JUN 2020 09:00

Thank you, Emily.

This has been going on since March, what does high utilisation mean? how am I suppose to work from home and continue with the kids education while you guys continue making excuses?

I am also having problems with the super hub 3. Mine keeps rebooting at least 20 times a day, Virgin Media either do not want to help or they cannot help me. Ever since we upgraded to the super hub 3, we have had nothing but problems.

Hi briantheref7,

I am sorry to hear that you have also been experiencing issues with your router.

I'm going to pop you over a PM so I can look into this in more detail for you.

Check out the purple envelope for a message from me.

Kind regards,

Beth

Beth

i am still having problems, they actually sent a technician this morning, and within 45 minutes of him leaving, the hub rebooted itself again.  The problem does not seem to go at all. I had no connection for 3 hours yesterday morning. the hub was reebooting non stop. I have multiple screenshots of the connection on my desktop and it is not improving at all. I am seriously thinking of changing broadband suppliers as I am not getting any assistance at all.

Hi briantheref7,

I have sent you over a PM so when you get the chance, please take a look for me and respond from there.

Many thanks.

Beth

Beth

I am having the same problem as well can you help me too...

Me too rebooting constantly now for last two hours can you help?