Menu
Lisap76
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Super Hub 3 ongoing problems

Hi

We are fed up. 

About 2 months ago we had an engineer out as we reported WiFi and powerline/Ethernet connections kept dropping out or losing speed. 

Engineer said that they would trace it for a week and be in touch........still waiting!!

the issues still happen. In fact this week we are constantly resetting hub or I have given up and simply use my mobile data as the WiFi seems continually to connect and then drop.....or go snails pace!! 

When it works properly the internet speed and connectivity is brill but all to often it has us swearing with frustration as it drops out. 

With 7 of us in the household we dont expect miracles BUT we do expect consistency and reliability after all we have been customers with virgin for over 30 years and we pay for the highest broadband package....

at some point the engineer who said he would be in touch might ring back......hahaha only 2 months late!! 

Apparently whenever the remote tests are done or self tests everything is fine.....then the connection goes down again!! 

0 Kudos
Lisap76
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super Hub 3 ongoing problems

Even posting that question the WiFi dropped out and it was my 4G that I had to use.....and yet now the WiFi is connected again!! 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

First thing to check is whether it is just devices connected on wifi that are dropping out - or do those connected on an ethernet cable drop out at the same time?  If you havent tested that - can you do so?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
mrsbuckley17
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

We have had ongoing Wi-Fi issues with the hub 3 with the following:

Wi-Fi drop out

Sonos skips tracks, app looses connection with sonos

Cisco anytime connect client (used for VPN) drops out and is inconsistent.

I have been trying for months to resolve these issues and as this has am impact when I work from home I have had the IT department at my work look into this.

in summary the VM super hub 3 is not so super. The Wi-Fi performance is shocking and not fit for purpose (also they removed the VPN pass through settings on a previous firmware update, in a day and age where people work from home!)....these comments are all over the internet by VM are not responding or trying to fix the problems.

I spoke to VM and was told they dont support VPN and there must be issues with my Sonos. I made a complaint never got any reply. 

VM is our only option for fibre where we live with other providers no where near on speed.....but we cannot continue like this so we gave in and brought a Asus router, put the VM super hub 3 in modem mode and using the router for Wi-Fi.

yesterday was the first day I was connected to the VPN for 11 hours straight, no drop outs and I had sonos playing all day and no track skips or loss of connection!

This proves the issues with the hub 3. Just because VM have a monopoly over people it should not allow then to ignore obvious issues with the hub, this is not treating customers fairly and I will be writing to the FCA and the ombusman.

Come on VM take your customers seriously and find a fix! 

Lisap76
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Really??? After months of these issues you think we haven’t checked this? WiFi drops for 5 mobile phones (usually at the same time) and 3 devices connected by powerline Ethernet. Admittedly we have a lot of devices BUT who doesn’t in this day and age?? And we have the 200mb package to deal with this as advised....plus VM put in a booster which doesn’t actually seem to make much difference.

there is no doubt in my mind that it is the hub that is the issue! Not our devices!!!

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Lisap76 wrote:

Really??? After months of these issues you think we haven’t checked this?

Ok after months of this I will assume you have already disabled channel optimisation and renamed the 2 networks SSID's.  As its dropping out on pseudo-ethernet cable connection as well, post up your Hub/network connection details and someone will check to see if there is a problem there.  In your browser’s URL box type in  http://192.168.0.1  (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return.   On the first page up [there is no need to login if you have done so before] click on the “router status” text at bottom middle of first page up and then copy/paste 3 sets of data onto here - the downstream, upstream, &  network logs.  Don't worry about the formatting it can be easily read, but try to avoid using screen shots & don’t include personal data or mac addresses - blank them out.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Lisap76
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@jbrennand wrote:

@Lisap76 wrote:

Really??? After months of these issues you think we haven’t checked this?

Ok after months of this I will assume you have already disabled channel optimisation and renamed the 2 networks SSID's.  As its dropping out on pseudo-ethernet cable connection as well, post up your Hub/network connection details and someone will check to see if there is a problem there.  In your browser’s URL box type in  http://192.168.0.1  (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return.   On the first page up [there is no need to login if you have done so before] click on the “router status” text at bottom middle of first page up and then copy/paste 3 sets of data onto here - the downstream, upstream, &  network logs.  Don't worry about the formatting it can be easily read, but try to avoid using screen shots & don’t include personal data or mac addresses - blank them out.

Thank you 😊 

I will try this.....not holding my breath tho! And surely this is something that should be done by VM. Appreciate this tho 😊

0 Kudos