Menu
naxman
Tuning in
Message 11 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super Hub 3 keeps dropping internet connection

I suspect this "fault" that we are experiencing is nothing to do with bandwidth or demand in my area but with the firmware of the HUB 3.  The wifi signal is  controlled entirely by the hub and as far as I can tell nothing on the broadband side is involved.  From my investigations on the internet there is an ongoing firmware issue that Virgin need to address. A review in six months !!!!!!

Yummum84
Joining in
Message 12 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I’m having the same issue. Only had the box    3 weeks or so.  We’ve done the hard reboot and that worked for a week or so. Disappointing.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Samantha_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 13 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Yummum84,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to read you are experiencing an issue with the broadband connection.

Looking at your line, the downstream power levels are too high and this requires an engineer appointment to have them adjusted. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) to arrange this.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Yummum84
Joining in
Message 14 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam, 

Thanks for reply - have PMed back. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Samantha_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 15 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Morning Yummum84,

I have replied to your PM with the engineer appointment details.

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Bobster999
Tuning in
Message 16 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Yes, exactly the same happens with me.  The network log shows constant errors and warnings.  They started happening when the hub downloaded firmware itself.  

The WiFi keeps dropping on things and staff on here tell me nothing is wrong as they have looked at the account.  I've forwarded screenshots of the network status errors and warnings but they fobbed it off.

When an engineer came out all he did was press reset in the hub.  I want a new hub without the damaged firmware.

0 Kudos
Letters2u307
Just joined
Message 17 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same issues! I only have the internet in my house and pay nearly £40 a month for constant issues my mobile phone gets thrown off the WiFi constantly. It does the same to my partner's too but stays connected to the playstation...go figure! I'm about done with paying for poor service now!

@sadikh19 wrote:

I have checked all the cables to my router, also reset as advised plus moved the hub but I am still seeing Internet connection dropping off whilst using wifi. In particular when using Chrome,  Amazon shopping app and BBC radio app.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 18 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Letters2u307.

Thanks for posting on our community and welcome 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you've been having issues with your connection dropping on various devices, and I can appreciate how frustrating this would be.

I've had a look and there is a planned outage in your area, which generally means we are replacing some old wires to help improve things. We would notify you of the work being carried out, however my apologies if you haven't had any notification of this. 

The reference number for this is C00979092 and the estimated fix time is 3pm today.

Please get back to us if you continue to have issues after the work has been completed.

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos