Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Super Hub 3 just reset itself

My Virgin Super hub 3.0 just randomly reset itself for no apparent reason. All our devices got kicked off the network and the router started flashing green showing the 3 green symbols before going back to its original state. Is this down to virgin maybe sending out a update? As this is the first time I've known this to happen like this. I just assumed that it may of been a new firmware update for the router. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super Hub 3 just reset itself

Hello

The timings you have given do suggest that this is for the firmware update that VM has been rolling out over the last couple of weeks, the firmware updates tend to up done in the early hrs of the morning, to avoid the least impact for customers.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

There was a software update overnight, not sure how often they are put out, the power level decimal point is now incorrect.

——————————————— My Broadband Ping - Virgin 200mb Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello

What is the power level showing is it something like  44.3 or 4.4 if it is the first then there was an issue previously where the decimal point was out when in read 4.4 it should be 44.3. This was fixed in the firmware update, they put out firmware updates when bugs are fixed there is no set timetable.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have the 42.0, 40.3 etc on the upstream channels, the downstream has the decimal point after the first number.

——————————————— My Broadband Ping - Virgin 200mb Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Okay so yours has the fixed upstream, the downstream power levels should be in the region of -6 to +10 so very rarely will be into double figures, closer to 0 is the better mine show between 0 and -1.7.

Regards Mike

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

This happened to me in Area 14 last night and it turned out to be a firmware update. It is now on version 9.1.1912.302. I would love to see a change log for this version but I somehow doubt it. I'm just glad the Intel Puma bug was resolved - I had the service a few years ago when this was an issue! Glad it's gone.

Has anyone noticed any difference with the latest firmware? 

0 Kudos