cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Hub 3 has redlight stuck on

jbodle
On our wavelength

My Superhub 3 has the red light stuck on at the bottom and i've seen a few people report the same issue and it was fixed by having a new superhub3 sent out is it possible for someone from Virgin to send one out to me and hoping this fixes that issue and the super slow speeds we currently have on WI-FI can't even watch a youtube video on phones

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey jbodle, thank you confirming this. I am happy we have resolved your issues by sending a tech out.

I am happy to confirm this is now booked in for you. 

Please do let us know how this goes for you. Thanks

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

31 REPLIES 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try a 30 second pinhole reset of the hub first. 

If that doesn't help do a simple switch off for 10 minutes and then turn it back on again.

If that fails and you are not in modem mode then keep it well ventilated and the forum team will get to you soon or else call it in as a fault. 

jbodle
On our wavelength

Already done these fixes from looking at the forum and did absolutely nothing for me. So hoping someone on the forum from Virgin can help so i don't have to sit on hold for ages LOL

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello @jbodle, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to our community. I am sorry to see you have a red light on your Hub3.

I am going to send you a PM, please can you look out for the purple envelope. 

In the meanwhile can you please try this also;

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub.

• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

jbodle
On our wavelength

Already tried these methods and it's also in an open spot away from Sunlight has still got the red light on and has also very poor reception for Wi-Fi as well 

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey jbodle, thank you confirming this. I am happy we have resolved your issues by sending a tech out.

I am happy to confirm this is now booked in for you. 

Please do let us know how this goes for you. Thanks

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

jbodle
On our wavelength

Hello Matthew so i've had a new router installed today but the technician and now my speeds are terrible. I'm not even getting close to the 350mbps speeds i was getting. My current download speed is hardly hitting 30mbps so can we get someone else out or get this issue fixed please

Hi @jbodle,

Thank you for the update on this. I'm really sorry to hear you've been facing some connection speed issues.

I've checked over things on our system and I'm unable to see any issues on the line currently to reflect this. Are these issues ongoing for you today? If so, is your wired connection impacted too, or just wireless/Wi-Fi?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @jbodle,

Thanks for coming back to Matthew via private message to let him know your speeds aren't where they should be right now. He is out of the office currently so I have picked this up in his absence. We don't need to use private message unless we're swapping personal or account sensitive information. 

Checking things this end, I can see the power and signal levels are optimal and there is nothing showing that could account for the slower speeds. There is nothing in the area to suggest an issue either. 

Can you please ensure you are running a speed test from your Hub, plugged in directly to a laptop or PC. Be sure to reboot the hub and then run the speed test and post the results here for us?

Can you also confirm if you have anything connected to your Hub such as a third party router?

Pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

jbodle
On our wavelength

So after trying your methods and then running a speed test my ping is coming at a whooping 821 and download speed of 2mbps so something is not right at all and i hate that Virgin are making me look like a fool honestly. Paying for 350 and not even getting close to it after going away on holiday