cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Hub 3 Red Light / Overheating

theslink2000
Tuning in

Hi,

I'm looking for a technical support response as I've been unable to get through to anyone on the phones.

My Hub 3 has been showing a red light for nearly two weeks now.  After checking your advice and following other forum posts it's clear that the hub has developed a fault and should be replaced based on other people's outcomes.

Your documents show that a red light is an overheating issue.  This started BEFORE the heatwave so please don't even mention that.  Leaving it off for prolonged periods, rebooting and pin hole hard resets have had no effect.  It boots up straight into red light when it settles.

I've even checked it with an IR thermometer, it is operating no differently than its usual temperature that I can tell and so far is still functioning although I seem to be having more frequent WiFi dropouts / devices having to reconnect.

Regardless, it is reporting a fault that will not clear and I'm not happy having a device that could properly overheat at any time so I would like someone to get in touch and organise a replacement please 

5 REPLIES 5

lotharmat
Community elder
Yup - hub is faulty so needs replacing as a health and safety issue!

Hang tight for VM staff to book a tech to swap it out!

Don't stand for some of the 'they sometimes do this' lines.

Yes - they do sometimes do this - when they either overheat or think they are overheating - either way it needs replacing!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Theslink2000, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your Hub looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some concern. I would be more than happy to look into this for you as I understand your anxiety with this situation. 

I have taken a quick look at your services to see what could be causing the issue and I can see your Hub has not been rebooted in over 50 days. If you could please reboot the Hub for me now whilst I am doing further checks, that would help loads. 

I'll continue investigating on my side.

Thanks,

Megan_L

Thanks for picking this up, but that ain't correct.  I rebooted it several times last week as stated in the opening post.

I never no idea how, what or why is reporting to you, but I have no reason to lie!

At the end of the day it's faulty so anything could be wrong as a result.  It's not my job to explain it, but I would appreciate it if you'd actually take what I wrote as the truth please!

Hi Theslink2000,

Thanks for coming back to me, I am sorry to hear our side is reporting the incorrect uptime for your Hub. 

I needed to ask that question just to make sure 🙂 I would be more than happy to get a replacement Hub sent out to you. 

I'll need to send you a PM now so we can go through some security questions first. 

Speak to you soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L

No worries, thank you. 

Also, apologies if I came across a bit snappy, I have a grumpy baby in my other arm!

I'll reply to your message now.