cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Hub 3 Free Upgrade

janeleach
Tuning in

Hi I have tried to set up  the Virgin connect app and it states I need the Hub 3 which I can upgrade to for free but it will not allow me to order it, I can see that others on here  have had the same issue can someone from Virgin please help..Thanks..

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You could try the "free" SH1/2/2ac upgrade/replacement scheme - see the link below - as they are trying to get everyone onto Hub3's.

If you get the - "Ooops - please call" message – then when you call, go through options 1,1,4,4 - to get through to retentions - you will get a UK based person who should at least know about the deal - no-one seems to have informed the "offshore" lot about it yet ! It may be that they think that you aren’t eligible and they will want to charge you - do not accept that (except for a small delivery charge) - come back here.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Welcome back to the forum @janeleach

Thank you for you question,  as advised by @jbrennand we do offer a H1/2/2ac upgrade/replacement scheme, Have you managed to have any luck with the link above? 

Kind regards 

Zak_M 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

22 REPLIES 22

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You could try the "free" SH1/2/2ac upgrade/replacement scheme - see the link below - as they are trying to get everyone onto Hub3's.

If you get the - "Ooops - please call" message – then when you call, go through options 1,1,4,4 - to get through to retentions - you will get a UK based person who should at least know about the deal - no-one seems to have informed the "offshore" lot about it yet ! It may be that they think that you aren’t eligible and they will want to charge you - do not accept that (except for a small delivery charge) - come back here.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Welcome back to the forum @janeleach

Thank you for you question,  as advised by @jbrennand we do offer a H1/2/2ac upgrade/replacement scheme, Have you managed to have any luck with the link above? 

Kind regards 

Zak_M 

Hi Zak_M

Sorry for the late reply. I didn't have any luck using the link, so rang and spoke to an advisor who was really helpful and sorted everything out for me.

Kind regards 

Jane 

Hi! Thank you very much for your advise! I managed to upgrade online to Hub 3 but I have received an email saying that if my contract has been upgraded, I will receive a 12 month contract to be signed. 

My question is if with this free upgrade to Hub 3 you get a new 12 months contract or you just keep your contract as it was, which you can cancel anytime?

Thank you so much for your help!

🙂

Hi can you tell me how to get my upgrade.  I note someone succeeded doing it online, not sure how?   but I also get the note that this needs to be done as a call to 0345 454 1111 when using the hyper link and logging in to my account.  The other suggestion to use the options 1,1,4,4 when calling takes me to issues like remaining call minutes.  clearly the wrong team.  I cannot wait an hour to be transferred to another group.  Does anyone know the correct options to take me to someone who can process this or a way to do it online?  

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Its a common issue - I always get "oops'd" too every time. Best time to call in is 08.00 and you should get the UK call centre - follow the path to thinking of leaving" and tell them if it isn't upgraded you will leave.
If that doesnt work call it in as a fault (just switch it off) and tell them its dead and they will just send you a replacement Hub3.

--------------------
John
--------------------

wedgiea
Joining in

Be careful - whilst the Website FAQs say this will not mean a change in your contract term, Virgin put me on a new 12 month deal that I am struggling to get them to reverse.

JPM01920
Joining in

Hi

I have just tried the lnik and received the "oops" message.

I tried contacting VM and got put through to an offshore call centre and was told that there was a charge for the upgrade from 2 to 3.

What are my next steps as getting through to the retention team in the UK is difficult at the moment, which we can all appreciate

Thanks

Hi JPM01920,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you're unable to upgrade your super hub 2 without charge. Did our team advise you why you could not have the upgrade free of charge?

Have you tried the link on any other device or are you still getting the same error? Our retentions team will certainly be able to take a look at what current offers and deals are available to your regarding an upgrade of your equipment.

You can call our team on 0345 454 1111 option 1, option 4 then option 4 again. If you need any further help please come back to us and we can assist you further.

Kind regards Jodi