I have a Virgin Super Hub 3.0 that I wish to use in Modem only mode and connect it to an Apple Airp[ort Extreme WiFi router. The Airport Eextreme is then connected by Ethernet cable to a number of Apple WiFi routers all over my house and garage. However whenever I switch it to Modem onl;y mode th Virgin Super Hub will not obtain an IP address. I have an engineer coming to look tomorrow from Virgin but my question is if my Hub was working correctly should I be able to connect numerous devices to it via Ethernet and then got each also via Ethernet ?
I cant help directly as I have the SuperHub 2. It is downstairs in Modem mode and wired to an Airport extreme base station. The wifi signal is rock solid around the house. I also have an Airport Express connected to the Extreme upstairs - via wifi - it works great upstairs for boosting the wifi signal. My lad also has an ethernet cable from the extreme to a "mains plug" and connects his PC upstairs, by cable, to a "Mains plug" ther (he believes it is better wired that by wifi - I doubt that and he cannot show me the data that says his set up is quicker or more stable than mine. I also have x2 V6 boxes connected to the Extreme's wifi output and they work perfectly (settings say signal is "Good-60%"). So, albeit I have the SH2 not SH3 - what you are trying to do should just work - at least over wifi.
-------------------- Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes, Superhub2 with VIVID 200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Thanks Jbrennand. I have managed to resolve my issues. I started off by factory resetting all my Airport devices. Then I reset my Super Hub 3.0 and brought it up in Modem only mode. Then I connected it via ethernet cable to the Main Airport Extreme with nothing else connected and set up the main Airport Extreme as a totally new WiFi network. This worked and I could connect. I then brought the secondary Airport Extreme online connected via ethernet to the main Airport Extreme and both came up and got IPs. I then added a Time capsule and two Airport Expresses all connected via ethernet and all came up and got IPs. Then I added the Apple TVs and PS4 all by ethernet and all got IPs. Then I added Wifi devices like iPads, iPhones, Arlo Cams and Next Protects. All are now working fine and have IPs. Plus all getting a decent speed. It appears that resetting everything to factory default and bringing them on one by one is the way to go.