cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supehub 4 and TP-Link TL-PA7027P

Rainez
Joining in

Hello, I am currently using the superhub 4 but I struggle to get a wireless signal in my boys upstairs room. I requested the wifi pod from virgin which hasn't worked (another story itself) so I decided to buy a pair of TP-Link TL-PA7027P powerline adapters. The problem is the internet goes dulally when I plug them in.

So I plug the first one into a wall socket and plug the 2 ethernet cables into it and into the router. The lights come on the powerline as it should and I plug the second one in the boys room and that works as should aswell. I get internet and although its not the 500mb I get straight from the superhub, I still get around 200mb which is perfectly fine. However when these are plugged in everything goes crazy, my wifi speeds go from 20mb one minute to 400mb the next, I get constant high ping and disconnects in games (such as WoW) and internet pages and stuff like facebook can sometimes take a few seconds longer than normal to load. Also my tv services can sometimes take about a minute to load the guide pages. These things happen on both wifi and ethernet.

As soon as I disconnect the powerlines completely and wait about 5 mins or so everything goes back to normal, no disconnects, no high ping, tv works fine etc. The power ranges on the router are always between -5 dBmV to +10 dBmV but this is the only thing I can think to check.

Is there a solution to this as it seems like the router just simply doesn't like the powerlines and has a fit when trying to connect them to the router?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The reason its going faulty is your putting two ethernet cables into the powerline from the router, your causing a loop.  The two port part is supposed to go in the upstairs room and the single port part goes to router

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The reason its going faulty is your putting two ethernet cables into the powerline from the router, your causing a loop.  The two port part is supposed to go in the upstairs room and the single port part goes to router

The kit comes with 2 powerlines with both being 2 ethernet ports, I assumed it was 2 in and 2 out kind of deal, I presume this is wrong then, so do I plug one of them with just one ethernet cable to the router and the other one have 2 ethernets coming out? this is the kit if I can post links..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08DVGRQ59/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As previously noted, the PLA should only have one ethernet going to the Hub.  The other port can be used for another device, e.g. Smart TV.

So, you should have 3 out to devices and one to the Hub, if that makes sense.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks both of you, have plugged it into one port and it works fine now, thanks!!