Did you mean: 

Sudden worsening of connection

ahar
Joining in

Normally my connection is like this:

Good latency.png

Suddenly this has happened

Bad latency.png

I;ve rebooted the router and the Superhub 2 (outage on the right hand side of the graph).  Virgin did some work in my area this week (told me via text message that it was happening, then told me it was complete) and suddenly latency is all over the place.  Anything I can do?

I'm area 22 (Watford)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try checking with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150 as small local faults are not listed on the VM status page.

Try a 60 second factory pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible.

Post your power levels and network log.  It looks like noise on the line, but the PostRS errors in the levels should show this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

ahar
Joining in

Still terrible, see below, 

Router reset allowed me to get back into it, but still problems

01_05 BQM.jpg

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try checking with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150 as small local faults are not listed on the VM status page.

Try a 60 second factory pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible.

Post your power levels and network log.  It looks like noise on the line, but the PostRS errors in the levels should show this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Aha - thanks, the 60 second reset has brought it back to where it was.  Would never have thought of that, just switching off and on again.  Thanks for the suggestion.  

02_05 BQM.jpg

Hi @ahar.

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you have been having connection issues. 

We are however glad that the great advice given by @Adduxi was helpful. Please continue to monitor your service and let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs