cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden TBB Graph Issues with Hub 4

alphaomega16
Up to speed

Anybody else been having a lot of trouble with their modems being funny with TBB?

alphaomega16_0-1676049188302.png

Can't seem to get it to stop going red, could this be related to QAM channel keep getting stuck on 16qam?

8 REPLIES 8

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

HI alphaomega16, thanks for the message, 

I have looked into this and cannot see any disconnections, when was the graph done?

Can you  perform a reboot to see if anything changes? How is the connection at the moment?

Kind regards, Chris. 

connection still laggy every now and then and ever since hte software update on the 15th it shows no errors on upstream or downstream which is nonsense because before the software update there was always some on the downstream and ive been seeing intermittent packet loss on TBB graph and the upstream QAM is still stuck on 16 and for some reason the network log wont show times of incidents unless I log in.

Just loading this website up just now took over 15 seconds. Also only just received an E-Mail saying I had a reply.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Post the power levels, Pre and PostRS errors and network log from the Hub. Once done we can comment.  Thanks

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ever since the software update ive gotten 0 errors which is suspicious because since I have been having problems with teh upstream channel I check at least 30 times a day the status page and there have always been pre errors but as soon as the software update for hub went on on 15th ive not seen one error not even upstream timeouts which there should be due to the same issues ive been having and they were like clockwork.

alphaomega16_0-1676731141184.png

Router status

Network Log

Time Priority Description
Sat Feb
5MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Thu Jan
3No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Thu Jan
3Unicast Ranging Received Abort Response - initializing MAC;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Sat Feb
4DHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Fri Feb
3No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Fri Feb
6CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 24; Chan ID: 33; DSID: N/A; MAC Addr: N/A; OFDM/OFDMA Profile ID: 3.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Thu Feb
Wed Feb
5MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Thu Jan
Thu Jan
3Unicast Ranging Received Abort Response - initializing MAC;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Wed Feb
6SW download Successful - Via NMS
Wed Feb
6SW Download INIT - Via NMS
Fri Feb
4DHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Thu Feb
6US profile assignment change. US Chan ID: 6; Previous Profile: 12; New Profile: 11.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Thu Feb
Tue Feb
Mon Feb
Sun Feb

Ok, why was I pushed an update to the superhub that is purposely hiding errors from the log so I cant see any pre/post or upstream errors?

Sun 19/02/2023
02:40:20

alphaomega16_0-1676774898209.png

PS 

In the time it took me to alt tab, copy paste and post picture THIS PAGE STILL HASNT FULLY LOADED and after clicking "Post" it took over a minute to star out the mac addresses

A case of "there are no problems you are looking for".

---------------------------------------------------------------

I couldn't prove it via the pre errors but I sure can with the timeouts because they dont reset til you reboot the modem and the modem was rebooted 18th Feb at ~10:30 and that timeout was 1h 5m ago which I am assuming is the red mark above the green dot and the problems I had posting a reply here I am assuming is the big spike on the blue dot.

alphaomega16_0-1676778553152.png

I don't know why I keep getting those big spikes but I wouldn't expect them to be there at nearly 4am when pretty much everyone is in bed but they are always there when stuff starts loading real slow, not sure if its related to teh upstream QAM dancing around playing musical chairs with its modulation but its the first time ive seen it above 16qam in several days

Hi alphaomega, 

Thanks for your posts here. 

I can see my colleague Travis has already replied to your posts here: High speeds yet poor internet

Please make sure you are only posting once about your issues. If you need to update the thread then just reply to your original thread rather than on a new one. We understand it's frustrating when something's not right however posting more than once about the same issues makes the boards look busier than what they actually are. It also means we could take longer to reply due to needing to sift through duplicate posts.

Have a look at Travis's reply on the other thread and stick with that one so we keep all the information in one place. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs