Menu
dylanski69
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

SuberHub connection problem - access denied

Hi 

Had the Superhub for just over a month. A few connection problems, but turning the router on and off seemed to fix them.

This morning noone in the house can get on the wifi (network access denied message on all devices) and as noone at VM picks up the phone, I've come here for some help! I've reset the router with a paperclip, but the problem remains.

All help v welcome

Cheers

D

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: SuberHub connection problem - access denied

Sorry to ask this a bit numpty - but did you do the reset properly - it can be a bit tricky if you havent done them before.  Press button in firmly till you feel it stop, hold for 30 seconds (on the clock!) and then add a few more for good measure.  Some say DONT restart the Hub after this - so may be worth trying that. 

Also - are you able to connect on a device connected by ethernet cable ?

Also, if you havent tried this have a go.  After the reset go into the Hub3 settings and in smart wifi disable the "channel optimisation" and rename the 2.4 & 5 GHz network ssid's (just change to xxxxx2 & xxxxx5) with a password you like, save settings and restart Hub.  Over wifi you can select the network that you want to connect to individually.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
cje85
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

There are several posts on this forum and some comments on Twitter about Virgin WiFi connections  showing 'incorrect password' as of this morning. It looks like there has been some sort of update (not necessarily firmware) overnight that has messed things up. I've not seen an official solution posted yet.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@cje85 wrote:

There are several posts on this forum and some comments on Twitter about Virgin WiFi connections  showing 'incorrect password' as of this morning. It looks like there has been some sort of update (not necessarily firmware) overnight that has messed things up. I've not seen an official solution posted yet.

Reset has worked this morning for some...

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Newish-hub-3-WIFI-incorrect-password/td-p/3...

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Nat_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry to hear this dylanski69,

I've located your details and everything appears to be within range from this end.

How have things been since posting?

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos