Menu
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 21 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Re: Strange networking issue

A Cat5e cable would be fine and is usually cheaper.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
rendez2k
Joining in
Message 22 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Small update. Went ahead and purchased an Archer C7. Not got around to testing the Ethernet as the WiFi has been dropping all day since I installed it! Looks like I'll be looking for another model 😞

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 23 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hang on.... if I read the thread correctly.. the C7 is your second wireless router and the wifi problem persists - yet you are contemplating getting a fourth ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
rendez2k
Joining in
Message 24 of 26
Flag for a moderator

I have a HUB3 that has issues with my long 30m ethernet cable.

On some recommendations, purchased the C7 and installed last night. However, wifi is dropping out continually. Have tried rebooting so will see if that works.

If it doesn't, will return to Amazon and pick a different model.

Other than the HUB3 and now the C7, no other routers except for switch boxes.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 25 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Ah ok.

--------------------
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 26 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi rendez2k, 

Thank you for getting in touch! 

I am sorry you're experiencing some drop outs with your hub. Have there been any improvements since your post? If not let us know and we will do our best to assist you. 

Thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos