cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storm Damage to my equipment

jd_24
Joining in

I'm hoping someone might be able to help here.

Had a terrific storm in BR6 area London yesterday which appears to have struck the VM cabling on the wall of the block of flats.

It appears to have damaged my virgin media broadband hub, possibly the set top box, my TV and my DVD player.

I know of at least two other flats who have the same problem. The TV, DVD player and hub won't won't turn on, even after trying a different socket.

The TV box flashes red to tell me it has a network issue. Tried live chat last night but apparently a priority response isn't possible before Saturday. 

I'd rather not have to claim on my contents insurance policy if VM are liable.

2 REPLIES 2

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You need to phone customer service and report a fault. They will check your line and send a technician if they find a fault. Make sure the other customers do the same as this will increase the urgency. 

Virgin will replace any of their own equipment that has been damaged, but not any of yours.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jd_24,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here.

I'm really sorry to hear of the damage that you have suffered due to the storm in your area.

I have been able to locate your account and can see that an engineer visit has been booked for this to be taken care of.

Please do let us know how the visit goes.

Regards,

Steven_L