cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stolen

jeffsr
Joining in

The outer casing from the on street virgin media box has been stolen from the front of my house on the road which looks like it supports multiple houses on the street. All the cables are exposed. I have tried ringing Virgin Media to speak to someone but I prob have more chance of winning the lottery tbh than that happening. If Virgin are interested the postcode is NG8 2BD. This is NOT where it terminates at my house but the green large metal container on the road which houses all the connections to multiple houses. Currently these are all exposed and if it rains then these will become very wet. Not sure if this poses a health and safety risk to children on the road also if they touch, which they will.

Regards, Rob

5 REPLIES 5

lotharmat
Community elder
For future reference, you can report via https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/How-to-report-damage-to-street-equipment/ba-p/4151... or by calling 0330 3330444 (automated landline number)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello jeffsr

Thanks for taking the time to make us aware of the damaged street cabinet, if you could let us know the location or cabinet number we can get this raised to be attended and secured as soon as possible.

Rob

Hi cabinet is on the main road outside 117 Russell Drive Wollaton Nottingham ng8 2bd. I have put a plastic bag over for now as front of case gone missing . Did tell a virgin engineer working a few doors up last week also.

Regards, Rob

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
did you report it on the link in message 2?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for the additional information jeffsr, I have raised this with the cabinet maintenance team for a visit to be made to secure/repair the cabinet.

Thanks

Rob