cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still off

flipflop
On our wavelength

Been over 6 hours now that my phone or tablet won't connect ,just tried my Xbox which is wired and the pc ,both working fine , so just the WiFi ,rang 150 and there's a recorded message saying their still trying to fix it,  Bradford 4 by the way

Zombodroid_27092022052418.jpg

IMG_20220927_070741.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Well would you believe it searched Google for ip configuration failure and it brought me back here , a simple reset sorted it , switched it off and on a couple of times today ,never thought of resetting it🤦

Screenshot_2022-09-27-16-55-22-147_com.android.settings.jpg

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Best info will be given on .... the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

The "compensation "timer" can also be started on this number.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Tried that link a few times , haven't even got TV  just broadband and phone line , and it's clearly a WiFi and up address problem

IMG_20220927_143321.jpg

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Ok the fault is TV linked only and so nothing to do with your wifi connection issue.

Are all wifi devices affected or just the phone and tablet?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Phone tablet and laptop all wireless ,this is the tablet, same error as phone

IMG_20220927_144852.jpg

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Saying "ip failure"

Are the assigned ip addresses of the affected devices - all within the same range as the VM Hub/router? If not - they wont connect.

I am all Apple and in my iPhone network settings it shows the Router as 10.0.1.1 and my phone is 10.0.1.22 - so in the range.

What are yours showng as? You may need toi change them manually - mine are set to configure "automatic". As is configure DNS - and Configure Proxy is "off"

--------------------
John
--------------------

Just looked in the router settings the 3 wireless are smart plugs the 2 wired are pc and xbox, how is it finding the wireless ones

IMG_20220927_153008_copy_1137x1268.jpg

flipflop
On our wavelength

also checked the link again same message saying it's a complex problem that's why it's taking longer than usual , then pressed 1 and it said there were no problems in my area 🤷

flipflop
On our wavelength

Thought I'd try that virgin connect 

Screenshot_2022-09-27-16-25-15-809_com.virginmedia.simplewifi.jpg

flipflop
On our wavelength

Getting sick of this now ,over 12 hours without WiFi , wouldn't be so bad if I had a contract phone but ,I've used a fiver in credit already , any phone numbers that go direct to the boffins🤔