cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no engineer visit after four months

Ant3
On our wavelength

I still have no broadband despite five engineer appointments were booked to fix the issue. All of these were cancelled and I was promised a resolution and compensation, but to date I received nothing. The original complaint has been closed and I am still paying via Direct Debit for a service I haven't received since Easter. This evening after testing again my hub and performing all the procedures I have been in a queue for an assistant but am left without help and have waited over two hours without closing the browser - I have bought more data from phone provider giffgaff. 

3 REPLIES 3

lotharmat
Community elder
Only way out of this is to complain to CISAS:

The process is as follows:

You have already complained to the company in the first instance
At least eight weeks have passed since you first complained to them or you have received a deadlock/ ADR letter
Your complaint is not in relation to fraud, property damage, discrimination or data protection
Your complaint is not the subject of court action and does not exceed £10,000.
You understand that it is your responsibility to ensure you have read the Scheme Rules, Guidance notes for customers and process guide (documents available at https://www.cedr.com/consumer/cisas/)

Your complaint to VM would be that they are unable to supply services in a competent manner

The legal basis of your claim is that under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, VM have a duty to provide their service with reasonable skill and care
The resolution you want is to be allowed to leave without financial penalty - VM will disagree and you will have a deadlock - then you go to CISAS

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Ant3
On our wavelength

They have agreed by email to compensation for the failed engineer visits and have waived any disconnection fees but I haven't received anything yet and have not moved to a new provider. I've had to be abroad for the last 6 weeks but on my return the line was again faulty.

I've waited for help by text with the browser all night and finally was put through an assistant at 7am who turned out to be from Virgin Cable so I had to again phone the helpline and my original complaint was reopened and an engineer visit scheduled for Thursday 22nd.

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Ant3

Thanks for your post 🙂 

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience here, I can only imagine how frustrating this situation must be and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

I'm going to send you a PM so we can look into the matter and get this resolved for you. 

Please look out for a notification in the purple envelope located in the top right hand of your screen. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide