Menu
Highlighted
arronlowley
Up to speed
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Still issues with the hub 3?

I’ve not been a virgin customer for almost two years, I had the 300 package but left virgin due to me getting poor speeds during the evening, I live elsewhere now but I’m wondering if the hub 3 has been fixed yet? As when I had it, it had latency issues and other ongoing issues. 

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/6c7f9a9f20c4b3cac9edc401f62167c3.html
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Superstar
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Still issues with the hub 3?

I cant comment from direct experience (still on SH2) but what do you mean by "fixed".  There has been a firmware update ...608 that is reported to help "fix" the latency issues that gamers have been complaining loudly about, but I dont know if it really has - others will comment.  It's wifi is not the strongest on the block - although it seems adequate for most people.  If you want good wifi speeds and range though I would suggest that you should budget for using the Hub3 in modem mode with your own good quality wifi router or access point.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
arronlowley
Up to speed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I already have a nighthawk r7000 I used along side the hub 3 so I have it sorted Smiley Wink just don’t wanna go back to virgin to have issues again.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/6c7f9a9f20c4b3cac9edc401f62167c3.html
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Superstar
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@arronlowley wrote:

I already have a nighthawk r7000 I used along side the hub 3 so I have it sorted Smiley Wink just don’t wanna go back to virgin to have issues again.

Nice router !  Depends what the issues were.  Connection problems etc will be very location dependent so speaking to your neighbours who have VM BB about their experience would be useful.  And, obviously, input from gamers on the new firmware performance will be helpful.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos