cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still having Router issues

Morrile2
On our wavelength

Morning, Around midday the router rebooted all by itself and failed to recover, so rebooted the router and still the same. Decided to see if I can log into the router only to discover the password was not being accepted, even when I tried the default password, router was not playing ball. I decided to reset the router using the rear reset option, at first trying to get the router to reboot was almost impossible yet it eventually did, so tried to login only to discover the default password was not being accepted, tried the password I previously set it to and that also failed. After a few resets (on one Reset the light turned Green and pulsated without stopping) eventually it took the default password, selected the language, and then it prompted again for the password, but would not accept it. Powered the unit off waited a bit and powered it back up. Entered the default password and went straight in so I can customise the Wi-Fi settings. It's taken me over an hour to restore network settings yet seeing this has been an ongoing issue can I have an engineer to visit and replace this router. Clearly it has an intermittent fault and creating much frustration when the router reboot itself, stops working requiring it to be powered off and then back on, to restore internet.  

27 REPLIES 27

Morrile2
On our wavelength

Hello,

Sunday 21st 23:20, Monday 22nd 15:30 The router normally, when working, is a dull white light and without warning it changes to a very bright white light, then to a pulsating white light between bright white light and dull white light, or no light, until the unit settles down. WiFi and LAN connections register no internet during this period. 

The cable into the building is over 25 years old, if that has any relevance...

Hi Morrile2,

Thank you for letting us know, I'm so sorry to hear this is still ongoing.

I've had a look at this end and can see that there are some issues with your power levels which will be causing you these issues. We'll need to book in an engineer visit so they can be put right. They might find that the issue is due to the old cables, and if so, they will arrange another appointment so the cables can be replaced.

I've popped you over a private message so I can help you further there.

Beth

Morrile2
On our wavelength

Just so you know that if we cannot get this fixed before June 5th, it needs to wait until the 1st Sept, as I am away from home for three months. I don't mind waiting until then 

Hi @Morrile2 

Thank you for supplying the requested details via PM.

I've now booked in the next available engineer slot for you - to view the appointment time slot or rearrange, please head over and sign into your My Virgin Media account here.

I also just need to make you aware, that there may be a £25 charge for the appointment if:

The customer is not present for the technician visit (aka a missed appointment).
   The fault is due to customer's own equipment.
  The fault is due to damage caused by someone at the customer's premises which we were not aware of.
  The fault is due to theft, loss, or removal of equipment.

Please do let us know how the visit goes and if you need anything else from us in the meantime. 

Kind regards

Beth

Morrile2
On our wavelength

Hello Beth,

Many thanks for organising this and I will be in.

Very kind regards,

Morrile2
On our wavelength

Hello Beth,

Engineer arrived, I explained the problems, he discovered the cause and fixed it by using a 6 attenuator yet speed out of the router were dismal, so replaced the router with V5 and we are now flying when it comes to speed, and no problems with TV either, as due to the poor speeds it was pixelating a bit at times.

I feel its safe to close this now

Hi @Morrile2 

Great news! Thanks so much for the update. 

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Morrile2
On our wavelength

The winning euro lottery numbers and stars for Fridays 2nd June draw?