cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still got broadband problems

Nomad110
Tuning in

Broadband down again. This is getting riddiculas. I think the problem is to do with my security cameras, but i dont know why.

My camera control unit is in the loft. To get a broadband conndction to it i use a TP link powerline adapter. The current one has lasted a week! I am on my third powerline adapter now. Having returned them faulty to Argos. I can switch the router power off wait 10min, then switch back on again, it goes through its power up cycle but gets stuck on green. No white light. Also i have 2  white lights on the tv box as well, there should just be the white power light. Disconnecting the TP link cable to the router will correct the problem i am sure, but i am reluctant to do this, in case its an external fault. Why is the router destroying the powerline adapters? Every cable has been replaced associated with the router, and new cable from the router to powerline adapter. The camera system has worked reliably for the last 20 years, and i have never had a problem. Everything seemed to go wrong when i was upgraded to a faster broadband, then the problems started. I have had 4 engineer visits, and i am on my 3rd Router since the upgrade. This is doing my head in now. The are replacing my outside cable in a few weeks as well.

BRIAN

Brian

3 REPLIES 3

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Maybe time to use hub in modem mode and get your own router
---------------------------------------------------------------

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Brian,

It's disappointing to hear of the service issues experience regarding your broadbands wireless network and connection. We appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

We aren't able to help in regards to the powerline adapters from Argos as third party equipment but from looking at your connection and equipment all of the levels appear to be in the ranges and spec we'd expect to see, the speeds seem consistent but there have been some disconnections over the last few days. 

When was the hub last rebooted?

Rob

Hi Rob thanks for asking. Got tp link engineer on board now. He has come up with 3 suggestions as to the problem, which i am working through. Just to re cap. Broadband works ok, its just the wi fi  from the router that is the problem. He suspected interference and asked me to segregate the wiring from the router data cables and the mains power cables to all the boxes. The tp link works on a frequency of 1000MHz. I have now discounted interference. With the TP link adapter plugged into the power socket, and the data cable to the back of the router disconnected wi fi works fine. Tested by performing a speed test over the wi fi. So this discounts any radiation interference from the tp link adapter.

Connecting the data cable to the router, and performing the speed test again kills the wi fi. Speed test says no internet. Awaiting reply from the TP link engineer on next checks.

Brian